Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1970s Liverpool

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danensis View Post
    The bedsit on our landing was occupied by a young lady on the game, would that be her? If so, you were not alone!

John
    I could tell you stories about prostitutes that would make your ears curl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Nah, she's such a lovely lady. Can't think of her like that.
    But I'm not thinking of her like that, I'm thinking of her avatar like that! It's certainly wide eyed - I'm just guessing about the legless bit.

Incidentally, I've always loved that song.

im loving this thread-great fun. brilliant pics as well-have u any more pics of that area-still looking for more oldies of around egerton street way-thanks for those from before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shirleya View Post
    im loving this thread-great fun. brilliant pics as well-have u any more pics of that area-still looking for more oldies of around egerton street way-thanks for those from before.
    We aim to please shirleya.

Have you ever made it back,down L8 way,recently?

No. not since summer really. I may get chance to go tuesday but its a busy time of year. maybe take some modern pics of area??? Still trying to track down pics of st patricks hyslop/upper hill street so cant decide which to go for if i make it to liverpool. i need to fit some christmas shopping in too. So much to do-so little time. But i have managed to get a few pics of the area from people on friends reunited and off here-this site is amazing-hope i can manage when it changes -im not good with navigating. Ive spoken to liverpool record office too so if i go there they may have stuff. They found me some amazing pictures of a pub called the old curiosity vaults in park lane last time-which were brilliant-i was so chuffed.

my message sent itself then without me doing anything. i was going to say thanks guys for all your help with my requests-i always ask for difficult things and someone on here usually manges to help-your great. give yourselves a big hug from me.
    shirleya

Smile liverpool visits

There is so much i want to do in liverpool that its hard work fitting stuff in. I am researching for two lots of people for different areas plus i love to go myself and visit places. I love bold street and matthew street area. went to festival in the pouring rain in summer-that was fun. Hope i get to go tuesday but if not-definately in nthe new year. I sometimes go there to work-so get to visit the pubs and restaurants and thats good for meeting people . Im even studying via liverpool uni so i am just all things liverpool-love everything about it. Even love the accent.

Blog Entries

There is so much i want to do in liverpool that its hard work fitting stuff in. I am researching for two lots of people for different areas plus i love to go myself and visit places. I love bold street and matthew street area. went to festival in the pouring rain in summer-that was fun. Hope i get to go tuesday but if not-definately in nthe new year. I sometimes go there to work-so get to visit the pubs and restaurants and thats good for meeting people . Im even studying via liverpool uni so i am just all things liverpool-love everything about it. Even love the accent.
    Everyone loves the accent. People used to ask me to say stuff everywhere I went and I don't even have a great Scouse accent. Let us know when you're next in the Pool and I'll buy ya a drink.

will do. wont be this side of 2009 now-no time and lots to do. where do you go thats good??? I somtimes get in some liverpool pubs as i help out my sister with pub vending machines and its a rare old treat to do liverpool. I notice that the people in the bars in liverpool are far more friendly than the manchester ones we do-no offence to them , but its true!! The staff and customers. I just feel at home there for some reason. Theres a good one on the big main street near egerton street in liverpool 8-well two actually-one on the right and one close by on the left-and they are really friendly staff in there. They always offer you a brew and a smile. will just check the map to see if i can suss out the road-egerton street is on the left as you drive down -cutting off this main road. do you know it???

looks like it may be bedford street maybe-bedford street south. ??? theres a big old pub on the right and a wine bar type of place on the left further up-both with friendly staff and a good atmosphere.

looks like it may be bedford street maybe-bedford street south. ??? theres a big old pub on the right and a wine bar type of place on the left further up-both with friendly staff and a good atmosphere.
    It,s probobly Catherine St, Shirley

Maybe the "Blackburne",now a gastro-pub? or am I going the wrong way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjBwU86Xs8

More 'social cleansing' from 1971 - nothing has changed in 40 years.

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Default Silver Jubilee 1977

The Silver Jubilee. 1977
    Here's our street getting ready for the big party.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast