Thread: Dirtiest Liverpool Takeaways

Blog Entries

Default Dirtiest Liverpool Takeaways

THE dirtiest Liverpool takeaways, restaurants and bars have been named and shamed.

Out of 107 premises visited by inspectors over the past 12 months 36 were singled out as the dirtiest after spotchecks.

Environmental health officers carry out hygiene checks of the kitchen, toilet and dining areas during the surprise visits.

Restaurants La Bistro Pepperpot in Woolton, La Scala and Plaice To Meet, Allerton, and Keiths, in Lark Lane, were all judged to be ?bad? or ?poor? in the ?compliance with hygiene? category.

A number of takeaways in the student area near Smithdown Road including Golden Harvest, the New Chippery, Zains and Pizza Zone, were also rated ?poor?.

Included on the list are two city centre premises ? Elude, in Porter Street, facing Clarence Dock, and the renowned Grapes pub on Mathew Street.

Also judged to have poor hygiene standards were Chinese restaurant the Golden Harvest, in West Derby, Kimos, in Lodge Lane, Toxteth, Debs Diner, in Finch Lane, Gino?s Cafe, in Broadgreen, Bo Bo, in Prescot Road, Angela?s Pizza Place, in Aigburth Road and the Lucky House Chippie, in Brodie Avenue.

The 107 premises visited by council officials during 2008 are available for public viewing on Scores On The Doors

Other marked down premises were Jin Yuan in Finch Lane, Loon Wai Lee in Hunts Cross Avenue, The Rice Bowl in Garston Old Road, Noor Tandoori in Aigburth Road, Khans Kebab House in Walton Vale, Tazmi Balti House in Derby Lane, Mei Wei in Prescot Road, Uno Momento Pizza in Warbreck Moor, Uncle J?s on St Mary?s Road, Big Bite on Prescot Road and Kim Lee on Woolton Road.

In October the ECHO revealed how Koon Cheung Lee was banned from ever running a food business after horrifying scenes of lax food hygiene at Loon Wai Lei takeaway.

They included greasy and dirty food preparation areas, dangerously stored rice and part-cooked chips kept in a box which had contained raw chicken.

A spokesman for Liverpool council said: ?Since the introduction of Scores on the Doors the general standards have improved and fewer premises are getting low ratings. Many have improved their ratings.

?This has provided real impetus for improvement in their area.?

luketraynor@liverpoolecho.co.uk
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Thank you for the information. I read the list hesitantly. I am pleased to say that I don't recognise any of those places, apart from the Grapes. I have never eaten there but I have had a few pints at the pub. I've seen many television programmes about food hygiene. It always scares me that restaurants can look so nice yet have filthy kitchens.
    There is more power in the open hand than the clenched fist

Default Worrying

The most worrying thing about this list is the large number of one star take-aways etc. These are basically very poor places and should be avoided.
    Last edited by taffy; 12-23-2008 at 04:25 PM.

Blog Entries

One of the Garston ones is my mum and dads local eek!
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    One of the Garston ones is my mum and dads local eek!
    Could always try the 4* Chris's Chippy on Rose Lane

I don't go to takeaways much but glad Steves In Aigburth hasn't been mentioned, they're fish an chips rule!

My dad and sister go to Keiths wine bar sometimes.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

IMO as well as naming bad ones,The cleanest Liverpool takeaways, restaurants and bars should named and make them feel proud.
    It may look as a free advertisement,It might look like a unfair trade to others but
    if a manager or owner doing his/her job properly,traning staf properly and if employing more staff and if making less profit,they should get some credit this way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    do they do delivery?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I don't go to takeaways much but glad Steves In Aigburth hasn't been mentioned, they're fish an chips rule!

My dad and sister go to Keiths wine bar sometimes.
    Steve's got a 5* rating.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post

I was a regular there on many nights in the late 60s and early 70s and Chris (and his cousin Micheal) were always very welcoming. The food was good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemoate View Post
    Then I don't mind the odd fish and chips from there still.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.