The Capital of Culture draws to an end. What are your thoughts? Was it a success did you play an active part? Has it made you more European? Has Liverpool promoted itself as a City of outstanding artistic talent and creativity? Well some might have a cynical slant and others may have conceived it to be something completely different, and if you like have taken a minority interest perspective. Then there is the time warp of popular culture that fixes us permanently in a Beatle culture and show biz cocoon. I personally think that we should encourage the new generation of scousers to believe that they too can create a Liverpool scene totally new and their own. Was it a success in my eyes? Well I visited a few times and I never cried it down. I think the fast pace of change can alienate people and this years experience helps people to realize that. What is a scouser? If you love the city then you take an interest in what is happening. Liverpool is a unique City as we all know and with the limited resources we have to we make the best of it. I went to the Walker and the Museums every time I came, I always do that anyway. Early on in the year I saw a bloke with his lad walking around the Museum and I thought to myself that he was doing the right thing as a good Father. I know many more family orientated people took their kids around and got involved and that is what it was all about. Some people were critical of the council but that is part and parcel of political Culture and to be expected. Well in the coming months there will be a review of the events and also a lot of feedback that I will follow with interest. I think it was worthwhile and gave people a chance to reflect not only on the past but on the future of Liverpool.