Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Bobs' Funnies,for the jokes both old and new

Quote Originally Posted by GNASHER View Post
    Fu**in' tosser.
    See what I mean: I call that abuse and it's not something I do...

Quote Originally Posted by GNASHER View Post
    Fu**in' tosser.
    This is what happens when you ask questions on this site . Intelligent questions normally require an intelligent response .
    John Doh , i am afraid that you'll never get that here , on this thread . Lets look at the people . We have the desensitised self professed master of all knowledge and king of humour .
    Next comes the scantily clad bimbo , who has yet to give us sensible answer or opinion on anything without first consulting her mentor . Sorry there appears to be three of them , all scantily clad , now that is interesting to me , why do they demean themselves as women like that ? Or rather allow themselves to be demeaned .
    Then there's Gnasher , who is completely oblivious to the situation , and can only offer the obligatory F**king Tosser quote !

Mr Doh , may i say that you are wasting your precious time and energy on these people , where there is no sense , there is no feeling .
    Consider this my last post ,these idiots are not worth my time .
    The Salvador Dali Lama

Seeing that I cannot find the general chat on here, I am sorry to hijack this thread, but after reading the last few posts on here. I have decided to take a break from this forum. I will occasionally browse and if I find anything interesting, I may post, but for now I say cheerio. Maybe speak again sometime. I have been on so many forums which have started off really great, then you get a few nasties who spoil it for everyone. Which seems to be the case here. I am not leaving I am just taking a break.

Blog Entries

"Least said..."

Quote Originally Posted by lindac8941 View Post
    Seeing that I cannot find the general chat on here, I am sorry to hijack this thread, but after reading the last few posts on here. I have decided to take a break from this forum. I will occasionally browse and if I find anything interesting, I may post, but for now I say cheerio. Maybe speak again sometime. I have been on so many forums which have started off really great, then you get a few nasties who spoil it for everyone. Which seems to be the case here. I am not leaving I am just taking a break.
    Hi Linda, Sorry to see you go but I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. When Kev originally started this site as 'Scouseproud' it was a fun experience to contribute and respond to (I was then scousemouse) alas, quality of contributions deteriorated and inevitably few, if any, of the original members are now in evidence. Some of the comments on here are a downright disgrace and do their authors
    no credit. Strong moderation is needed before the site goes to Hell in a handcart. Cheers and good luck.
    Never put anyone on a pedestal... THEY'LL LOOK DOWN ON YOU!

Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar

Linda, I agree and it is sad. It is such a great site BUT I said I was not going to post for a while also but as Kev has changed the site I am keeping an open mind and see how it is when I get back from the Hamptons next Friday.

I too have been alarmed about the threats and personal slanging. It is not acceptable in adults. I called for calmness a few times last week.

I love a good debate, you learn and get your own say but threats of violence and insults are not my way of life nor will I allow it to be what I read in a forum no matter how many other wonderful people there may be on that forum. I don't like to see people having to defend themselves or feel so bad they leave.

Just how I feel.
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by lindac8941 View Post
    Isn't there a danger, though, that if all the thoughtful, sensitive people who want to have a rational chat or debate - not necessarily on a terribly deep intellectual level - leave the forum, then we'll only be left with the purveyors of unreason, prejudice and bad taste 'jokes'. Isn't it the case that sometimes it's necessary to take a stand - without, of course, sinking to their level?

--Well foolish pride has alot of things to say
    You got foolish pride, you got tooth decay
    But tooth decay is another problem
    So let's take this old foolish pride and solve it
    Now
    Reg

Blog Entries

Well said, Reg.
    As for the rest of you, may I remind you that the Bob who started this thread is no longer with us and we continued it in his memory?
    Please take your squabbles elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Well said, Reg.
    As for the rest of you, may I remind you that the Bob who started this thread is no longer with us and we continued it in his memory?
    Please take your squabbles elsewhere.
    Thanks Kevin, and that inspired me to go back over the pages to the very beginning of the thread. On Page 2 I came across two posts from you, Nos. 12 and 14 that I think are still very relevant, even though the gags you were unhappy with at the time seem to me quite mild compared to what has been posted recently. Your views were rejected then by other members and by Post No. 18 your opposition had crumbled, though you did say you had been concerned about the reactions of others. I share this view and can't see how this squares with your present view. You now seem to be reducing any debate of these serious issues as mere squabbling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lil V View Post
    Thanks Kevin, and that inspired me to go back over the pages to the very beginning of the thread. On Page 2 I came across two posts from you, Nos. 12 and 14 that I think are still very relevant, even though the gags you were unhappy with at the time seem to me quite mild compared to what has been posted recently. Your views were rejected then by other members and by Post No. 18 your opposition had crumbled, though you did say you had been concerned about the reactions of others. I share this view and can't see how this squares with your present view. You now seem to be reducing any debate of these serious issues as mere squabbling.
    This will be my one and only response, so read it carefully.
    As far as I recall, those posts were on another forum and migrated here when Kev responded to Brian Daley's request for a sailors section as the forum we were on was closing - no trouble, the guy running it had health problems and no longer wanted to carry on. Brian can maybe remind us of the exact circumstances.
    I raised those issues at the time but gave in and accepted popular opinion amongst the members - if you want to call that 'crumbled' go ahead. I wasn't keen on some of the jokes but others were. I haven't been keen on some of the jokes more recently either but wasn't going to enter the fray again - enough people were offering their opinions. I therefore neither defended no criticised.
    Since all of those earlier posts Bob died - and while you and others may have taken exception to more recent jokes, he might not have done (I've seen far more contributions from him than are on this thread). However, the bickering and insults that have recently surfaced on this thread don't really belong here. People expressing distaste or acceptance of the jokes is fine by me - they are entitled to their opinions - but not the elements that I called squabbling. That is the bit I object to.

Is that clearer?
    To me your post looks like just another attempt by John/Lil to feed the flames and keep the unrest on Yo sustained. I won't be sustaining it as I won't be responing to any reply you see fit to make.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyMo's View Post
    Is THAT you're brand of humour then ? Laughing at something that has just happened in Cumbria ?
    It is YOU that is without humour , either that , or you are far to insensitive , ignorant , or both ! To understand a bad taste so called 'joke' when you see it .
    Or could it be that you don't even bother to READ threads here , you just jump in to defend a mate ?
    At least I have friends. Perhaps you don't know what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyMo's View Post
    This is what happens when you ask questions on this site . Intelligent questions normally require an intelligent response .
    John Doh , i am afraid that you'll never get that here , on this thread . Lets look at the people . We have the desensitised self professed master of all knowledge and king of humour .
    Next comes the scantily clad bimbo , who has yet to give us sensible answer or opinion on anything without first consulting her mentor . Sorry there appears to be three of them , all scantily clad , now that is interesting to me , why do they demean themselves as women like that ? Or rather allow themselves to be demeaned .
    Then there's Gnasher , who is completely oblivious to the situation , and can only offer the obligatory F**king Tosser quote !

Mr Doh , may i say that you are wasting your precious time and energy on these people , where there is no sense , there is no feeling .
    Consider this my last post ,these idiots are not worth my time .
    The scantilly clad bimbo is not me. Just like I suppose your avatar is not you.

I think I will join Linda and leave this forum. There are people on here just wanting to cause trouble. That is for you John/ Lil V.

Freaks.

George

Does Kev have to lockthis forum as well?

You have had your say now please leave it at that and move on.

Those that stir things are the ones who repeatedly reply to obnoxious post instead of letting sleeping dogs lie and ignore the post.

There is no better defence than ignoring a poster or post.

Get a life,move on.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast