As we approach the 90th anniversary of the end of world war one we will rightly remember those that gave their lives in all wars and conflicts. Yet do we only remember those that died? what of the injured and crippled, and those that came home with mental problems? what of the woman? so many helped the injured and dying on the fronts and at home, So many had to bring up families alone, so many woman and children had to carry on with life with so many of the men dead or harmed in one way or another.

Three of my direct blood relatives died in the two world wars. Of course I am saddened by their stories and remember them. Yet i remember my great uncle Dick, he came home from ww2 in 1947 after fighting in Burma. He stayed with my dad and his mum ( uncle Dicks sister ) my dad remembers him screaming in the night and his mum rocking him to calm him down. What nightmares he held he hid from us kids, he was a funny guy to be around.

Of course we respect the dead, they lie in so many corners of the world, so far from home. their names stand proud on memorials and I would not have it any other way.

I know one member on this site ( its up to them to tell you who they are if they want to) who's grandfather came back from ww1 in a bad state after being gassed. Now this guy suffered badly and died in 1926, in my opinion from what happened to him in the war. He has no war grave or name on a memorial, yet his story is just as important as those that died during wartime.

Im waffling on so I will keep it short. Remember them all, all the men, woman and children on all sides who had to endure this terrible time. and remember those who are still here with us, those that have the stories to tell.

bless them all