Unity Buildings Liverpool Under Construction 2006 Pictures and Video
On the run-up to Liverpool’s Capital of Culture year in 2008, the city centre became a huge construction site, with many millions being invested in infrastructure, shopping/ entertainment areas, homes and apartments. I was busy taking pictures of Liverpool’s old and new buildings and managed to get involved with an organised tour inside one of Liverpool’s tallest mixed-use buildings, a Scouse-Scraper adding to Liverpool’s already impressive skyline.
Unity Buildings won the Royal Institute of British Architects’ annual tall buildings awards in 2007, the RIBA described the towers as follows: “arrangement minimises any interruption to views of the Mersey and allows Unity, with its Dazzle Camouflage patterns.” (wiki)
It is one of my favourite newer Liverpool towers. (Quotes are from 2006)
Check out some pictures from the tour!

This scheme is amazing, so many bodies working on site. The tour took the group into the commercial building first and at 17 stories is pretty high and will add much needed office space on Chapel Street with commercial units/ shop space underneath at street level.

After a brief chat and some amazing views from all 4 sides of the 17th floor we were taken back down in a very smooth but swift lift, to the residential building which stands at 27 stories.

The show apartment was almost read apart from the final ‘snag’. I thought it was quite small until we went upstairs which opened out onto the living room/ kitchen area with a tiny balcony with fantastic views.

After that we continued our trip to the top where we were greeted by a rather tiny but posh buffet and a small presentation. This happened at the very top, the huge open space that is the 2-3 million pound penthouse suite.
Check out the following video filmed from within the building, the second part of the clip is from within the Penthouse!

Unity Buildings (Original Thread)
Liverpool Development Archive (Photographs, views and information about completed local building projects, restorations, developments including high rise scouse-scrapers!)
The post Unity Buildings Liverpool Under Construction 2006 Pictures and Video appeared first on YO! Liverpool.