Established in 1884, John Mason Liverpool Removal and Storage Contractor have been serving Liverpool and surrounding areas for over 125 years.
Scroll down for the pictures!
- The company was founded in 1884 by Mrs Mary Mason in Wavertree.
- They delivered laundry to and from the large houses of the wealthy merchants who lived in Wavertree and Woolton.
- One of the early contracts was to carry laundry for the Liverpool School for the Blind.
- 85 High Street in Wavertree was the Mason family home.
- John Mason carried much of the carved stonework for Morrisons Ltd who built the Anglican Cathedral.
- In 1917 the business moved to 127, High Street, Wavertree.
- In 1921 the first motor vehicle was acquired, an Albion.
- During the war ‘Masons’ did vital work evacuating schools, institutions, government departments, commercial and industrial concerns and homes.
- In 1948 a daily removal service from Liverpool to London was started.
- All vehicles had always to be kept in first class condition so that delivery promises could be honoured.
- In 1959 a new 16,000 sq. ft warehouse was opened in Wavertree.
- By 1962 the continued growth of the company resulted in the purchase of a 36,000 sq. ft warehouse in Kirkby.
- Stanley Mason was elected President of the Overseas Division of the British Association of Removers in 1965.
- In 1989 all the company’s local activities were transferred to Wilson Road, Huyton whilst a new warehouse and offices were opened in Croydon.
- Mason’s currently facilitates over 8,000 removals each year across the globe!
The post John Mason Liverpool Removal and Storage Contractor Old Pictures appeared first on YO! Liverpool.