Cycling Scouser takes on Bike & Go challenge

Cycling Scouser Andrew Rogerson, is taking on a ‘virtual velodrome’ challenge thrown down by hire scheme Bike & Go, following the success of his epic 10,000-mile charity bike-ride from China to Liverpool.

It’s two months since the Pride of Merseyside Award 2015 winner completed his incredible mission to cycle from China to Liverpool in five months, raising more than £22,000 for blood cancer charity, Anthony Nolan.
While he may have reached the finish line of his global expedition, the fundraising journey is far from over. Taking up the challenge set by Bike & Go – the bike hire scheme operating at various locations up and down the UK – Cycling Scouser will be cycling 50 miles in three hours on a Bike & Go bike to raise awareness and funds for Anthony Nolan.
On Thursday 10th December, between 4pm and 7pm, city shoppers can cheer Cycling Scouser on at Liverpool Central station, as he endures another physically demanding challenge.
Looking forward to the chance to get back in the saddle, Cycling Scouser, Andrew Rogerson said: “The two months since I arrived home have been so hectic but I’ve certainly missed cycling every day. When the opportunity with Bike & Go arose, I thought it would be a great way to continue raising awareness for my charity work, while supporting a brilliant initiative.”
Kaj Mook, Bike & Go Director said: “We’re delighted to support both Andrew and Anthony Nolan in this valuable cause. In addition to raising funds, Andrew is also showing people how much fun cycling can be, and with Bike & Go it’s never been easier to join in the fun, as you can literally just hire a bike and go for a minimal charge.”
Those popping along to Central station to support Cycling Scouser on the day can even help him along his way by jumping on a Bike & Go smoothie bike, which will produce healthy smoothies as the cyclist pedals.
With a daily rental fee of just £3.80 for 24 hours, plus a £10 annual subscription cost, Bike & Go offers an enjoyable and easy way to complete a train journey by bike, or simply to enjoy the local area.
To find your nearest bike hire location go to:
To donate to Anthony Nolan, visit Cycling Scouser’s Just Giving page:
Report on his journey & return home here:
The post Cycling Scouser takes on Bike & Go challenge appeared first on YO! Liverpool.