These are the end days for the new precinct. Born in the 1960s, in the ‘city of change and challenge’ the new precinct on Great Homer Street is almost ready to leave us now.

The second time in my lifetime there’s been a ‘new precinct’ built here. On Great Homer Street. The street of Homer, the great story-teller.

These of course are the photographs of a moment in time. Taken by me on the early afternoon of Tuesday 9th December 2014 when I happened to be walking between the 26 bus stop on Great Homer Street and somewhere on Scotland Road, for some work I’m involved in. A moment in time. But I think these photographs will have a life in a certain world. A world that cares about Everton and about Scotland Road and what time does to them.

So I hope they will be used and shared, these folk memories my camera takes of ‘Remember when?’ and ‘No, look at this!’ One of the ways we preserve in our hearts and stories the places we lose to progress and history. I’m not the only one who does this with photographs taken on ‘ordinary’ days, look.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Precinct1.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	28448

See full post and pictures at a sense of place