Calderstones Park
is situated in the Allerton area of the city and from 1845 until 1954 the stones that gave the park its name were situated in a circular arrangement on a site at the junction of Calderstones Road and Menlove Avenue. It is believed that the stones belonged to a burial chamber that was covered by a large mound of earth and that they were used as a tomb around 5000 years ago.


Read more.........