Picton Library, Brown Reading Room and Museum - 1902
Today, courtesy of the Littlebury Brothers, we take a guided tour through the Picton Library, Brown Reading Room and Museum as they were in 1902.
These three Institutions have to a great extent an interest in common, and have internal communication not only with each other, but also with the Walker Gallery. The first building on our light as we leave the Art Gallery, the circular Picton Library, with its sixteen fluted Corinthian columns and handsome colonnade, was built at a cost of £15,000, and opened in 1879. (Note. Great improvements are now in progress here, including the removal of the elevated plateau.)