The Liverpool Institute High School for Boys was an all-boys grammar school in Liverpool. The school had its origins in 1825 but occupied different premises while the money was found to build a dedicated building on Mount Street. The Institute was first known as the Liverpool Mechanics' School of Arts. In 1832 the name was shortened to the Liverpool Mechanics' Institution. Mechanics' Institutes were educational establishments, originally formed to provide adult education, particularly in technical subjects, to working men. As such, they were often funded by local industrialists on the grounds that they would ultimately benefit from having more knowledgeable and skilled employees. The Mechanics institute opened in Liverpool in July 1823 was the first in England.




ADVERTISING




Read more.................