Thread: Walton Hospital pictures 60's

Default Walton Hospital pictures 60's

My mother in law studied and worked at the old walton hospital, and after seeing some of the fantastic picture you chaps have on this forum, I wondered if anyone has any old pics of Walton Hospital during the sixties, Both external and internal, I also had a good explore of the site when it was being renovated. As with most liverpool architecture, what a great building.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by efiste2 View Post
    My mother in law studied and worked at the old walton hospital, and after seeing some of the fantastic picture you chaps have on this forum, I wondered if anyone has any old pics of Walton Hospital during the sixties, Both external and internal, I also had a good explore of the site when it was being renovated. As with most liverpool architecture, what a great building.
    In the late 60s I was playing rugby for St Edwards Old boys. Several of the team were doctors at Walton Hospital. They had their own accommodation block, complete with bar! Ended up there quite a few times on Saturday nights after the pubs had shut.

If feeling peckish at 2.00 in the morning the cafeteria would still be open and you could get a school dinner-type meal for about half a crown. To get there we'd walk through A&E, which was sometimes enough to cure your appetite.

I did a short stint at Walton while a student nurse....but that was in the late 70's dont think much would have changed though I will see if I can find any photos of the place..I know I must have some some where as we took photo's of every hospital we were at....

excellent thanks

Chris48

I put a response on this thread last night but it has not been posted. It was in no way contentious. Are postings backing up due to moderating constraints?

My mother worked as a sister at Walton Hospital late 50s early 60s. I have a few photos in the loft somewhere. One is an outdoor emergency services event somewhere with the St Johns ambulance. Ill have a look.