Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Netherley

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I knew someone who lived on the Radcliffe estate. It was awful and run down.
    Isn't that the one that they said was modelled on a 'Cornish fishing village' design ! ?

Also, the Queens Rd estate (off Breck rd) was supposedly designed after a Swedish style

- - or it was the other way around - I think it was the Radcliffe that was the 'Cornish village' ha! it does make you laugh they were terrible ugly estates.
    Henglers Circus, another place I worked in my former life. Drug city!

Mal Hudson was the guy who jumped across the flats in Netherley on a motorbike.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Mal Hudson was the guy who jumped across the flats in Netherley on a motorbike.
    So did John Taylor although I think he broke his leg or something. He was from Norris Green.

http://merseysidebikers.com/newforum...hp?f=38&t=1037

Quote Originally Posted by underworld View Post
    Henglers Circus, another place I worked in my former life. Drug city!
    We used to play in there on a monday night c1980.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Default errrm

I lived in both Netherley and Belle vale flats. Middlemass hey in the early 70's and Dauntsey walk in Belle vale late 70's and it never effected me did it ? well it did a bit, did it ? well maybe... you are talking to the monitor again, oh I am arn't I, stop it... no.

I suppose when your six/seven you just sort of accept the place for what it was and find as many places to have fun as possible. Now, when you reminisce, It's always rose coloured glasses anyway. That said in reality it was squalor and no way for human beings to live.

By the way Eddie Kidd jumped those flats too, or was supposed too, in the 80's opposite where the kids new footy fields are now. I dont remember seeing him do it, I'd found out about ladies by then, and one day I'm going to catch on of em.

Debra

My auntie lived in Peckmill Green , they were put there when Heyworth street was knocked down .. I used to spend some of my school holidays there , i thought it was the countryside ..

Blog Entries

i lived in netherly fulshaw close in the flats it was great the people were friendly and it was safe to walk around why is everybody putting the place down it is worse now than it ever was

Blog Entries

nice pic wato

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by carmaxsam View Post
    nice pic wato
    You mean his Avatar...

It is...

Debra

Quote Originally Posted by carmaxsam View Post
    i lived in netherly fulshaw close in the flats it was great the people were friendly and it was safe to walk around why is everybody putting the place down it is worse now than it ever was
    I loved it there , the houses seemed massive comparared to where i lived , and they had two toilets .

Does anyone remember the Netherley Nutters? They were a band who went around pubs collecting for charity in the 1970s. There must have been twenty or thirty of them with side drums, accordions, concertinas, kazoos, combs and paper, spoons and whatever else was playable. They would turn up, play a few tunes, go around with the hat and move on.

The Netherley Nutters. I thought you were talking about my in-laws family from Brittage Brow then ha ha.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    The Netherley Nutters. I thought you were talking about my in-laws family from Brittage Brow then ha ha.
    Good one! Although I never lived in Netherley, I knew quite a few people who did. I went to night school at Netherley Comp and got an English 'O' Level, went to the Radio Doom doscos, joind the Netherley Anti Nazi League and the Writers Workshop, watched some amateur plays at the Community Centre and sometimes went for a pint with my dad when he went to meet his mates at the British Legion. It was a lively place in the 70s.

Skellington fold! I wonder who dreams up these names and how much they get paid for them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123