Hi All

My dad was a shop steward for the Liverpool Cleansing Department. He took part in the Dockers and Miners strikes. During the miners strike he organised collections from the Liverpool depots. He was very proud of his part in the fight.

Sadly he passed away two years ago. I have the things he collected during the miners strike, they sit in a cupboard. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is anywhere that would be interested in them? There are all the recipts from the collections, reciepts and thank you letters from collieries around the country. letters from sacked miners thanking my dad for his help, also letters from jailed miners to him. plus his badges from various strikes. other items are there as well.

I would love to learn more about what he did, but i just dont have the time to get into it all right now. Is there any place that would be interested in what i have? Im not after any money, its just a shame that it all sits in a cupboard thats all.

can anyone remember ( in the 1980's i think ) when the Town hall was taken over? any kind of date? my dad said a photo of him was in the Liverpool Echo, he was one of the guys who locked the door. I think, I may be wrong that it was during the banned councilors time.

Cheers

Tony