Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Factory in Duke Street

Origionaly from Liverpool 1 now in Ireland

I think Langdons had a factory/wharehouse in Tabley St in the 60's,
    if not them there was place that stored tents,uniforms etc
    was a kid growing up in Tabley St in 60's and am 80% sure it was Langdons
    if not,does anyone know or remember this factory.

Dear sir

Harry T Langdon was my great-grandfather. My mother is Helen Muir, née Buxton - daughter of Frances Buxton, née Langdon, Harry's daughter and your grandfather's niece. I am afraid I know nothing about the company beyond what has already been posted - apart from some trivia (we camped for many years in a Langdon-manufactured tent, and Langdon's is cited in the autobiography of the first lady head of MI5, as the place of work of her mother). However, if you're interested in this branch of your family tree, clearly I can help.

I had never seen a picture of Langdon's until this post... I do remember the house in which Harry T Langdon lived, on Plymyard Avenue. I believe it was pulled down shortly after his death, and a housing estate built on the site.

Let me know at andrew753194 @ aol.com if i can help.

Best wishes and best of luck

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Dear Georgie

I too am interested in this - I am a great-grandson of Harry T Langdon, via his daughter Frances, and her daughter Helen. I do not think any of my living family have seen the Uniform Brand or Cathedral Brand logo's - would it be possible to photocopy or photograph the artefacts you have?

Your knowledge of the H T Langdon history is clearly superior to mine - I would love to hear more somehow. Is there anything I might know that would interest you, I wonder?

I hope this funds you well, and in inquisitive mood!

Andrew (Muir)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12