Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Starr

Default Freddie Starr

Outrageous comedian/singer famous for his Elvis Impersonation.
    Freddie starr had a no. 9 chart hit in 1974.

On Celebrity Wife Swap Channel 4 now, can't handle his wifes opinion of the truth - i.e. he just plays a gig once a fortnight to bring some money in then sits watching television all day whilst she does all the housework and looks after the kids.

My dad went to school with him when they were kids, i saw him live a few times , he has a tremendous singing voice , especially when you consider he has an extreme speech impediment.

John(Zappa)

I too seen the ch4 Wife swap.
    He was an idiot.His wife seemed very nice.I wonder what kind of life she must of had before meeting him?
    He came across as a idiot,no sense and absolutely awful jokes.
    The man is a waste of space

I never saw it but how can anyone base an opinion of a whole person on a made for tv reality series, it could be turned full circle and delivered as this person is so shallow that they judged me on half an hour of un-seemingly scripted rubbish so therefore they must be an idiot etc....... not having a go but who was it that said don't belive everything you see on tv and read in the newspaper ? .......... they are just vehicles to promote others views/ ideas / business' and products

PhilipG

Shallow or not, it's easy to remember soundbites and headlines.
    I don't watch reality shows, but do remember "Freddy Starr Ate my Hamster", and I've still no idea what it was all about, but, rightly or not, it's given me a bad impression of the man.

John(Zappa)

He was funny in the 70's.
    Now he's like a fella in the pub who would try and be the funny drunk who ends up being a pain and spoling a good night.
    He's a waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    He was funny in the 70's.
    Now he's like a fella in the pub who would try and be the funny drunk who ends up being a pain and spoling a good night.
    He's a waste of space.
    I see many of these approach me when I am In town taking long exposures.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

I don't know what his real personality is like, but I don't like his act. I don't go for his type of humour.
    I didn't watch 'Wife Swap' - but from what I am told - -if his wife does everything with no help from him - - well, more fool her. I don't sympathise at all. Just don't do it ! End of !

Blog Entries

I knew a guy who was his milkman in the 70's. He'd have to creep up the drive and leave the milk as quietly as possible. If Starr heard him, he'd lean out of the upstairs window and start screaming as if he'd caught the milkman with his wife and was chasing him off.

Funny the first time - but after a couple of months it became wearing. Chris would alter his round to turn up at different times to try and avoid him.

Chris48

Saw him in Warrington about 12 years ago at a live show. He was very very blue.

Chris48

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    I knew a guy who was his milkman in the 70's. He'd have to creep up the drive and leave the milk as quietly as possible. If Starr heard him, he'd lean out of the upstairs window and start screaming as if he'd caught the milkman with his wife and was chasing him off.

Funny the first time - but after a couple of months it became wearing. Chris would alter his round to turn up at different times to try and avoid him.
    Cilla Black is another>. Sets off her house alarms to see how long it takes the police to arrive there and then hangs out of them effin and jeffin.

Ian St John, another nasty sod. Fighting drunk.

Peter Waterman who lives near Runcorn - Screams at the binmen for not putting the bins back right.

Default Re.Freddie Starr

My mum used to serve Freddie when she worked in the canteen at Cammel Laird many moons ago. She said he was always typically funny and loved to crack jokes with everybody.

I always enjoy his show when it's on telly, and his antics always have me in stitches. I love it when he does a little musical tribute to Elvis too.

It is a great shame he is notably absent from the TV these days. All these bloody reality shows have tragically squeezed out all our favourite variety entertainers (e.g. Bobby Davro, Russ Abbott, Cannon and Ball etc.).

Bring back variety and PROPER comedians like Freddie and the others I mentioned it. TV badly needs them!

When I had a paper round in the Kensington area '66/67.Some nights I would see him and his band in their van.After the first time I would keep as far from the kerb as I could because the dirty little 54itbag would spit at me and anyone that was on the pavement.

Default Re. Freddie Star

I didn't rate him much, his stage act was elvis laden or leaden dependent on your viewpoint of big sur, i met freddie once in a night club in london he was just a foul mouthed, bad tempered when in drink. never saw any of his recent stuff but suppose it was a rehash of a 20+ career.
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding is all you see

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast