This is a list of famous music groups:
Of course this list is incomplete; can you help?
- A Formal Sigh: 1980s New Wave band.
- Anathema: doom-death metal hybrid, later playing hard rock.
- Atomic Kitten: Girl band, formed in 1999 by OMD's Andy McCluskey.
- The Beatles: John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney and George Harrison.
- Black: 1980's Jazz band famous for the song Wonderful_Life. Colin Vearncombe, David Dix.
- The Boo Radleys: English rock group during 1980s and 1990s. Martin Carr, Timothy Brown, Rob Cieka, and Sice
- Cast: 1990's pop group
- The Coral and The Zutons: 2000s indie groups inspired by 60s pyschadelica.
- The Christians: soul band from the 1980s and 1990s.
- Crucial Three: The legendary trio of Ian McCulloch, Julian Cope and Pete Wylie.
- Dead or Alive: New Wave pop band of the 1980s.
- The Dead 60s:2000s New Wave/Ska group.
- Echo & the Bunnymen: rock group.
- The Farm: Pop band, famous for the track All Together Now.
- Flock of Seagulls: New Wave 1980s pop band.
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood: 1980s pop band.
- Gerry & the Pacemakers: 1960s rock n roll band.
- Icicle Works: 1980s band.
- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
- The Names: 1970s New Wave band, aka The Famous Names.
- The La's: late 1980s to early 1990s pop group.
- Ladytron: Current electro-pop band.
- Lightning Seeds: Rock band, who's Ian Broudie wrote the Three Lions music for Euro96.
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark: (aka OMD) Electronic music band (members originally from the Wirral).
- The Real Thing: Band who sung the 1970s classic "You To Me Are Everything".
- Space: 1990s rock band known for their hit single "Female of the Species".
- The Stands: current indie-rock band
- The Teardrop Explodes: 1980s pop group.