Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Formby

Debra

I suppose it's a nice place to visit , as long as you can go home . It just lacks soul !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    I suppose it's a nice place to visit , as long as you can go home . It just lacks soul !
    Formby lacks soul. The Dickens you say. Always thought it had more soul than Detroit. Or am I gettin' it mixed up.

Debra

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Formby lacks soul. The Dickens you say. Always thought it had more soul than Detroit. Or am I gettin' it mixed up.
    I think you are getting mixed up Pab ! I have'nt seen or felt any soul here in all the years i have been here ! Even the little school kids look un-excitable ! Once in the old street where i lived , changing rooms came to do two houses up facing me , on the last day loads of small children showed up to see Lawrence Llwellyn Bowen , i had no idea that small children even lived in the street , i think the parents must hide them in the parlour when they come home from school . And another time a fella who lived a few doors away had lost his young wife , she died , leaving behind three small children , nobody even knew about it , i found out two years later , it's no good keeping to ourselves that much , i'll never understand why people do it .

Blog Entries

I think you are getting mixed up Pab ! I have'nt seen or felt any soul here in all the years i have been here ! Even the little school kids look un-excitable ! Once in the old street where i lived , changing rooms came to do two houses up facing me , on the last day loads of small children showed up to see Lawrence Llwellyn Bowen , i had no idea that small children even lived in the street , i think the parents must hide them in the parlour when they come home from school . And another time a fella who lived a few doors away had lost his young wife , she died , leaving behind three small children , nobody even knew about it , i found out two years later , it's no good keeping to ourselves that much , i'll never understand why people do it .
    Reckon it happens everywhere now. Everyone knows me around here. I'm the chump that fixes stuff for all the old birds. They all know the girls too. I don't know that many. The guy up the road died, three doors away and I never knew what he looked like.
    The guy opposite lost his wife after forty years. He used to just sit in the front room in the dark. His daughter asked if I'd see if he was ok. Made him a bit of scoff now and again and asked him if he wanted to come the pub with us. He never did and died not much later. I thought it was a broken heart. It was sad. I think it used to be very different round here.

Debra

Why are people so afraid to open up these day's ? It's all about keeping up appearances , plus i think people are afraid of being judged , so rather than talk things through with a sympathetic neighbour , we keep so much to ourselves , then alot of people end up in the doctors asking for prozac !! I worked with a lovely woman , she was very attractive and always well groomed , she had a beautiful house in Freshfield , her children had done very well , both went to uni and had good jobs , she hardly ever seen them though . One day i caught her wiping her eye's , she's been crying , i asked her what was wrong but she would'nt say , a few days later she told me her husband had been hitting her for years , she was in her fifties , he said he'd leave her with nothing , no house no money nothing ! He was jamming her small body in the door frame to hurt her , all down her sides were bruised .. All of us have things to deal with , and all of us need human contact ... By the way , her husband was a high ranking officer in the police force ! She has finally divorced him with help and support from friends .

Blog Entries

Seen that so many time in the Married Quarters. I had great friends and so many of them turned out wife beaters. They must scare them to death, cos so many don't say a peep. I had a real good friend, and I went to see him while on leave. He wasn't in and his wife, who was usually so bouncy and friendly wouldn't let me in. I finally found out he beat so bad that she was unrecognisable and she didn't want me to see her. The same guy was a great guy but a devout coward. How does it start, surely any woman would scoot in sharp order, but they don't.

Debra

It normally starts over a long period of time Pab , alot of women i have spoken to say it starts by the man putting them down constantly , telling them they are stupid and worthless , the chip away over the years , until the woman belives herself to be too weak to leave , afraid of what they'll become without a man , then the beatings start , then the woman tries to hide it from friends and family because she feels ashamed , plus she worries for her kids and decides to stay until the kids are older , there are so many factors as to why women stay in an abusive relationship .....

Blog Entries

It normally starts over a long period of time Pab , alot of women i have spoken to say it starts by the man putting them down constantly , telling them they are stupid and worthless , the chip away over the years , until the woman belives herself to be too weak to leave , afraid of what they'll become without a man , then the beatings start , then the woman tries to hide it from friends and family because she feels ashamed , plus she worries for her kids and decides to stay until the kids are older , there are so many factors as to why women stay in an abusive relationship .....
    Jeez, another friend of ours used to get locked in the house with no keys. She had to climb out of the windows to take the kids to school. She used to sit in our house until he came home. He was another nice guy. Funny innit.

Debra

Thats terrible , most abusers are cowards who's only way of being in control of anything is to pick on the vunerable , this is usually the wife and kids .

Blog Entries

Thats terrible , most abusers are cowards who's only way of being in control of anything is to pick on the vunerable , this is usually the wife and kids .
    Easier to fight too.

Debra

Sadly yes ! There is also verbal and financial abuse , i can't understand why one person has to hurt another in this way , can't they just remember that once they loved the person they are hurting ?

Blog Entries

Sadly yes ! There is also verbal and financial abuse , i can't understand why one person has to hurt another in this way , can't they just remember that once they loved the person they are hurting ?
    Don't think it has owt to do with love. It's control. Control over their family and friends then control of their life.

These types of things don't go on in Wallasey though.

Debra

Yes that's right , it's all about the control ! Oh Wallesy is a good place then Pabs , Formby is like Stepford meets desperate housewives on prozac ! And wasn't this place infamous for wife swapping parties in the seventies ?

Blog Entries

Yes that's right , it's all about the control ! Oh Wallesy is a good place then Pabs , Formby is like Stepford meets desperate housewives on prozac ! And wasn't this place infamous for wife swapping parties in the seventies ?
    Busy fighting me wars then. Wasn't around here.

Tried wife swapping once. I got a lawn strimmer. Still got the strimmer, wife still gone...

Debra

Hahaha !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast