Victoria Street in Liverpool was built in 1867 in order to connect North John Street to Manchester Street, the area was originally made up of a warren of tiny narrow streets with slum housing and industry. It suffered heavy bombing during the blitz and the General Post Office (GPO) and the Government Building where both hit. The damage to the government building was judged to be so severe that it was demolished and its basement foundations to this day remain, as a car park.


Government Building on the corner of Victoria Street and Sir Thomas Street, now the municiple buildings car park
Read More.......