Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool One Shopping Area [Completed Phases]

Liverpool ONE boss blasts litter blight
    Jun 10 2008
    by Vicki Kellaway, Liverpool Echo

THE man behind Liverpool ONE today begged people not to drag the shopping development into the same mire as the rest of the city.

Grosvenor boss Rod Holmes attacked the filth blighting parts of the city saying it could undermine the success of the £1bn retail centre.

He warned that shoppers were already dropping litter in Liverpool ONE in much the same way that rubbish overflows around the rest of the streets.

More...

The man behind Liverpool ONE today begged people not to drag the shopping development into the same mire as the rest of the city.
    Grosvenor boss Rod Holmes attacked the filth blighting parts of the city saying it could undermine the success of the £1bn retail centre.
    He warned that shoppers were already dropping litter in Liverpool ONE in much the same way that rubbish overflows around the rest of the streets.
    The filth blighting parts of the city?.... rubbish overflows around the rest of the streets?

S h i t happens, as they say. Busy crowded places generate a degree of rubbish as a matter of course, including Mr Holme's precious Liverpool One. Perhaps he should fork out for for a few more cleaners if he's so upset by the dirty Scousers. Cheeky b a s t a r d.
    Chester: a Virtual Stroll Around the Walls-
    http://www.chesterwalls.info

The Liverpool Gallery-
    http://www.chesterwalls.info/gallery/liverpool.html

The Chester Shop
    http://www.thechestershop.com

Chester & Liverpool Guided Walks
    http://www.chesterwalls.info/guidedwalks.html

I believe a whole new load of bins are scheduled for there after complaints. Where there's fast food outlets, there'll be rubbish - he can't have it both ways, at least it means the masses are there and probably not all scousers.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by knowhowe View Post
    The filth blighting parts of the city?.... rubbish overflows around the rest of the streets?

S h i t happens, as they say. Busy crowded places generate a degree of rubbish as a matter of course, including Mr Holme's precious Liverpool One. Perhaps he should fork out for for a few more cleaners if he's so upset by the dirty Scousers. Cheeky b a s t a r d.

So it's ok with you to drop sh*te wherever you fancy because someone else will pick up after you?

Liverpool is one of THE worst cities in the UK for litter and that includes from 'scousers'. I have personally seen dirty scousers walk out of Macdonalds to throw litter in the street and then go back in to finish their meal. Do you think it is ok to encourage this outrageous and filthy behaviour by providing more cleaners to pick up the mess? They should have pride in themselves and take the responsibility to look after their city. You have to take responsibility for this scum if you condone or accept their behaviour

The council is hell bent on trying to keep the city clean against a tidal wave of people who just don't seem to care. The council spent over a quarter of a million last year just trying to pick up gum. Money that could have been better spent on services.

This man is not from Liverpool and yet he is trying to make your city a better, more attractive place. He has pride in your city. Where is your pride in your city? In the gutter?

Grow up, accept the criticism and do something about it. Complain and shout. Make it unacceptable. Moan at people when they drop stuff, don't moan at people who try to change the city for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by petromax View Post
    So it's ok with you to drop sh*te wherever you fancy because someone else will pick up after you?

Liverpool is one of THE worst cities in the UK for litter and that includes from 'scousers'. I have personally seen dirty scousers walk out of Macdonalds to throw litter in the street and then go back in to finish their meal. Do you think it is ok to encourage this outrageous and filthy behaviour by providing more cleaners to pick up the mess? They should have pride in themselves and take the responsibility to look after their city. You have to take responsibility for this scum if you condone or accept their behaviour

The council is hell bent on trying to keep the city clean against a tidal wave of people who just don't seem to care. The council spent over a quarter of a million last year just trying to pick up gum. Money that could have been better spent on services.

This man is not from Liverpool and yet he is trying to make your city a better, more attractive place. He has pride in your city. Where is your pride in your city? In the gutter?

Grow up, accept the criticism and do something about it. Complain and shout. Make it unacceptable. Moan at people when they drop stuff, don't moan at people who try to change the city for the better.

Dunno about over there but over here fast food outlets have a contract with the council that they will undertake picking up of litter within a 1.5km radius of the restaurant site as part of their franchise license, also kids are brought up with a teaching of taking all litter home with them if they are on school trips, footy trips etc....... a lot of the problem is how you were brought up to look after and respect your surroundings

Well, I'm a born and bred Scouser and I love the city with a passion but I absolutely detest the litter. I'm embarassed by it and the city could show off it's beauty so much more if mindless idiots didn't keep disposing of their rubbish all over the city. I really hope this campaign against the litter helps because last Saturday Williamson Square was filthy and I'd hate Liverpool One to turn into a grot spot, we should have pride (afterall aren't scousers meant to be known for their pride) and try to keep the city a wonderful, inviting place. It's simple with me, if I have a piece of rubbish and there's no bin in sight or the nearest is full, I keep hold of it and put it in the next bin I come across or take it home.

Btw, Lindy, I'm so sorry to hear aout your cousin. May he rest in peace and my thoughts go to you and all the family.

Also, just want to add I'm really impressed with Liverpool One so far!
    'We're are always the first to laugh, but also the first to cry'-Gerry Marsden

Blog Entries

BUYERS are ignoring the national property slump and rushing to snap up homes in Liverpool ONE. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Well I've just looked at all the pictures, and there's nothing that I haven't seen in a dozen other shopping centres. There's nothing that makes it uniquely Liverpool.

I'm rather reminded of Pevsner's comments about an "architectural zoo" - let's have one of everything, and no concept of context, or sensitivity.

the view from the car park bridge of the bus station
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Default The new Chavasse Park

hubby needed cheering up so we had a couple of hours in town. went to Debenhams restaurant for a nice cuppa...and so I could get pics of the new park. And impressive it is too. apols for reflections on windows

Proud Scouser, with a dabbling of Welsh and Irish.

bore yourself silly at my Flickr page...anorak central!

Quote Originally Posted by danensis View Post
    Well I've just looked at all the pictures, and there's nothing that I haven't seen in a dozen other shopping centres. There's nothing that makes it uniquely Liverpool.

I'm rather reminded of Pevsner's comments about an "architectural zoo" - let's have one of everything, and no concept of context, or sensitivity.
    If you could tell all of life fron a photograph, what's the point of going anywhere?

I quite like the new shopping centre. Theres lots of sandstone used (or what appears to be sandstone) and i dunno about you but for me its not like most shopping centres i've been to. For one its an open air shopping centre. The architecture is alot different to say the trafford centre or the bull ring. And i don't know many shopping centres that have a big park, a heritage site on display, and still manage to fit in with the rest of the city. I think the buildings are sensitive enough. The ones on paradise street echo those on church and lord street and the main shopping walk if you will still keeps the lines and building heights from the end of the road by Debanems (or how ever you spell it). I think they've done a pretty good job.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Broliv View Post
    I quite like the new shopping centre. Theres lots of sandstone used (or what appears to be sandstone) and i dunno about you but for me its not like most shopping centres i've been to. For one its an open air shopping centre. The architecture is alot different to say the trafford centre or the bull ring. And i don't know many shopping centres that have a big park, a heritage site on display, and still manage to fit in with the rest of the city. I think the buildings are sensitive enough. The ones on paradise street echo those on church and lord street and the main shopping walk if you will still keeps the lines and building heights from the end of the road by Debanems (or how ever you spell it). I think they've done a pretty good job.
    Couldn't agree more! What makes it unique above all else is that it isn't a shopping centre as such. It is a redevelopment of a huge part of the city centre which incorporates the existing road layout. There is no big roof that covers it all and all the buildings are individually designed, some by world class architects. As you say, how many ' shopping centres ' can you name with a park in the middle of it? Job extremely well done!

Thumbs up from me too
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

The new coffee shop on the corner - I love the colours of the pipe-like outer decor. Took this photo this morning. The plastic wrapping is still on the pipes.

Really eye catching.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6230001.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	7074  

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast