Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool One Shopping Area [Completed Phases]

The ?1 billion pound cost of the Liverpool One project was totally paid for by private investment - the Grosvenor Company. Doing so reflects a growing confidence in the future of Liverpool: private companies don't put in that amount of money unless they expect to get something back, they're not charities. This is one of the first projects not to rely on EU, govn or council money and shows Liverpool standing on her own two feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I await to see what my council tax bill will be in a couple of years?

Im expecting it to rise sharly, if it does im out of this city, im not paying for all this

Did anyone see the advert for Liverpool 1 after the X Factor last night? Very professional!

I have to admit I do quite like the marketing campaign for the centre. I wasn't fussed on the original one when phase 1 opened but the billboard and press adverts do look good; they don't really make sense but they do look quite... smooth!

I await to see what my council tax bill will be in a couple of years?

Im expecting it to rise sharly, if it does im out of this city, im not paying for all this

The cons have promised to freeze council tax bills for 2 years if they get in - is that a con?

I'll tell you what I am surprised about though with all these stealth taxes about. The last time the council gave bandings to properties was in the 1990s. It's a wonder they haven't used google earth or something to snoop on who has had a conservatory or extension built to up the income.

Please delete this after reading in case it gives them any ideas. If not it will self destruct in 48 hours.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by gregs dad View Post

One of the many escalators in Liverpool 1. After looking at the staircase above this I hope it never breaks down.Taken yesterday.

I"ve already seen half a dozen hooded scallies climbing up the bit on the right hand side of the escalator...Made me feel ashamed as it was on a busy Saturday afternoon and the escalators were full of people.
    "Such Power Exists?"

I think the place is fab! It's put Liverpool on the map again... I'm sick of the moaners who keep dissing the place... Let's be proud! We've loads of historic buildings in Liverpool, of which I am very proud of! The city centre was crying out for this.... rejoice!

Love the pics guys too!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
    I think the place is fab! It's put Liverpool on the map again... I'm sick of the moaners who keep dissing the place... Let's be proud! We've loads of historic buildings in Liverpool, of which I am very proud of! The city centre was crying out for this.... rejoice!

Love the pics guys too!
    I agree!
    "Such Power Exists?"

Liverpool was on the map anyway thanks to 4 moptops but It does give me something do lately cause I feel like for walks around the shopping area.

Still feels pretty small though and I like the look of the Trafford centre a bit better.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

I did not say i dont like it, i said i wont go in.

me thinks our council tax will rocket very soon, mark my words. 2008 will be an excuse to rip us off some more. just watch the " the expense was over budget " sayings that will appear, and how council tax will have to be used to foot bills.

i think Liverpool has been on the map for many years.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

With this being private investment though, I do think if council taxes go up it will more than likely be due to the 08 CoC year.

Liverpool was originally on the map due to Shipping and innovative and eminent people.

Then came Efc

Then came the Beatles.

Then came Lfc

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Liverpool was on the map anyway thanks to 4 moptops but It does give me something do lately cause I feel like for walks around the shopping area.

Still feels pretty small though and I like the look of the Trafford centre a bit better.
    Don't you think the Trafford centre looks a little tacky? With all the urns and stuff... never liked the place...

Liverpool One's setting is a little more classy if you ask me

I did not say i dont like it, i said i wont go in.

me thinks our council tax will rocket very soon, mark my words. 2008 will be an excuse to rip us off some more. just watch the " the expense was over budget " sayings that will appear, and how council tax will have to be used to foot bills.

i think Liverpool has been on the map for many years.
    We certainly were not on the shopping map though! I love our city and I'm proud to be scouse, but the shopping was crap... I hated having to go to other cities just to get a bit a decent shopping in !

Now I have everything i need in my home city

I never had to go anywhere else to get shopping, everything i ever needed was here. i must have been seeing things over the past few years, i thought the city centre was full of shops, seems like i was mistaken.

what can you buy in this new place that you could not buy in Liverpool before?
    Last edited by Spike; 10-06-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: i cant spell ok, get over it already.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Taken at night
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Reflections as the sun goes down
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

I never had to go anywhere else to get shopping, everything i ever needed was here. i must have been seeing things over the past few years, i thought the city centre was full of shops, seems like i was mistaken.

what can you buy in this new place that you could not buy in Liverpool before?
    hmmm ... where do I start.... I like Debenhams for clothes - fantastic range(not here before)... John Lewis has expanded and now has a better range (best outside of London)... ZARA Home... Urban Outfitters...Republic... I could name more... plus more shops opening soon.

Food wise.. Wagamamas!, Yo Sushi, Las Iguanas...

Like I say, I don't need to go outside the city anymore! fab!

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast