Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool One Shopping Area [Completed Phases]

I was very impressed by the idea of Liverpool 1 and as I walked around it my honest opinion was "It's a dear hole".

Doesn't his Dukedom not realise there's a credit crunch and with prices as expensive as that many of those units will be going empty very soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    I was very impressed by the idea of Liverpool 1 and as I walked around it my honest opinion was "It's a dear hole".

Doesn't his Dukedom not realise there's a credit crunch and with prices as expensive as that many of those units will be going empty very soon?

The credit crunch has only been going on just recently Gerry...

Every time I walk through L1 it's packed.
    "Such Power Exists?"

Blog Entries

L1 has 'bucked' the trend, it has been a hooj success. What it was done is attracted those people who would have normally shopped in Chester, Manchester etc. It has also enabled many city workers to pop to L1 after a late 'ish' evening at work.

The place was buzzing when we went to the 'pictures' yesterday, it was great to see
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

When getting the bus in to work, it turns up towards the Vic Monument by Debenhams on the corner and I get a brief view of L1 from the bus.

I've still not been to see it despite working about 30 seconds away but one thing struck me, the fact that Paradise Street was a flat road that ran towards the bus station, as you look at where WH Smiths and HMV, it is like a massive gradient to get to it! Was there a reason for this at all - i.e. buildings underneath this walk way?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    When getting the bus in to work, it turns up towards the Vic Monument by Debenhams on the corner and I get a brief view of L1 from the bus.

I've still not been to see it despite working about 30 seconds away but one thing struck me, the fact that Paradise Street was a flat road that ran towards the bus station, as you look at where WH Smiths and HMV, it is like a massive gradient to get to it! Was there a reason for this at all - i.e. buildings underneath this walk way?
    I think your talking about South John Street which has two levels of shops. Paradise street is flat and all shop entrances are on one level.

Blog Entries

LIVERPOOL One will be shopping for talent next week with auditions for musicians and performers on its leisure terrace galleria. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Well I ventured down to the outskirts of Liverpool 1 today in my lunch hour. What a farce. Went in to HMV and couldn't find owt so had to ask - that's a first.

Then went to WH Smiths and was glad I didn't bring my cat as I wouldn't have been able to swing it. I almost went for a burton too on the floor that ain't level by the window too to match the outside walkway.

Nosed down the steps and didn't bother going further. If taking fantastically large shops and condensing them is the future then I'll stick to the net in future.

well at least we didn't lumbered with this monstrosity!
    BBC NEWS | England | London | Giant shopping centre to open
    Proud Scouser, with a dabbling of Welsh and Irish.

bore yourself silly at my Flickr page...anorak central!

More shops in time for Christmas
    Nov 13 2008
    by Neil Hodgson, Liverpool Echo

ALMOST 30 new shops will open in Liverpool One over the next few weeks.

The ?1bn shopping centre at the heart of the city said 19 new brands are planning a pre-Christmas unveiling, including clothing lines Lacoste, Henri Lloyd and Drome.

Cafe Sports, an extension of the Stanley Street eaterie set up by Liverpool FC star Jamie Carragher, is also expected to open.

Ten more new outlets will be added after Christmas, such as Flannels, Reiss, Oakley and Jigsaw.

Neil Barber, head of retail leasing at Liverpool One developer Grosvenor, said: ?We are confident Liverpool One will not only be a commercial success, but will have a lasting impact on the future of urban regeneration.?

The shopping district now has 175 retail units, a 14-screen Odeon cinema, restaurants, cafes and bars.

More...

That's amazing...I didn't think there was that many units still available.

I'm looking forward to the new Waterstones opening at the end of November.

It just gets better and better!
    "Such Power Exists?"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    That's amazing...I didn't think there was that many units still available.
    Neither did I, though I suppose there are a lot of empty units in the Keys Court area.

Is that Cafe Sports going by the fountains? I'm sure I saw something up there the other week saying that that was where it was going to open. It's quite a bizarre area to put it in!

It's great to hear that the Albert Dock's visitor numbers have gone up by almost 50%. I just wish some of the tattier tourist shops would close!

Two other little bits and pieces on L1: I noticed on the zig-zag stairs that about halfway up there was a square sort of doorway on the Pizza Hut/Yo Sushi side. It had a board up like the ones they use on the shops that haven't yet opened. I wonder if this is going to be anything in particular. Obviously it won't be a shop, I don't even think they could fit a vending machine in there! Maybe some sort of staff entrance for something in the future? Also, has anyone recently been down to that street where all the homeshops were supposed to go (the one with Radio Merseyside on it). Last time I went was opening day and non of the units were open, it was really empty do there. Have any opened yet?

Blog Entries

LIVERPOOL One?s shopping centre is set to benefit from the credit crunch as consumers cancel exotic Christmas shopping trips to locations like Paris and New York. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

Default A PILLAR of friendship

Nov 29 2008 by Mark Johnson, Liverpool Daily Post

Wraps come off blacksmiths? city pillar of friendship

A PILLAR of friendship will become a centrepiece of the rejuvenated Paradise Street area of the city today.

At 1.30pm the pillar of friendship will be unveiled to the public at Liverpool One as part of the European city of culture and it will be on show for the next 12 months.

Under the leadership of master smiths from nine countries, 300 blacksmiths from all over the world have worked together to forge the 15 separate pieces that make up the pillar.

It was created during the British Artist Blacksmiths Association International Conference last year.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

Went for a Chrimbo shop aroun LOne last night, getting a little bored now of the main bit which runs rom John Lewis.

Walked up church street, much more Christmas atmosphere up there. Then walked back and took a turn through the new Arcade that runs from Church Street, very cute I must say and I loved that side now its newly open, was very weird to see the old Quiggins building surrounded by the modern development.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

Store openings a sign of faith in city?s fortunes

Jan 31 2009 by Tony McDonough, Liverpool Daily Post

VINTAGE-INSPIRED home, leisure and fashion store Cath Kidston is one of several new outlets opening at Liverpool One during the next few weeks.

The Cath Kidston store, the first in the city, will form a cornerstone of the Peter?s Lane area of the ?1bn Liverpool One development, bringing its signature floral designs to children?s wear, jewellery and household accessories.

The company was founded in 1993, when Ms Kidston opened the first shop in Notting Hill selling old junk furniture and vintage fabrics.

This led to her creating her own distinctive fabric and product designs. There are now 21 shops in the UK (nine in London plus two concessions). It also has outlets in Tokyo, Nagoya and Yokohama in Japan.

The store takes over two storeys of Compton House, on School Lane, a five-storey warehouse built in 1870 and next to Bluecoat Chambers.

Up-market clothes chain Flannels opens its doors at Liverpool One on February 14. This will be the chain?s second outlet in the city centre with its store at the nearby Metquarter mall having been trading since 2006.

Award-winning Thai restaurant brand Chaophraya is also set to open in March, as is the informal dining sensation Pesto, which takes the Spanish style of tapas eating and applies it to Italian cuisine.

And supermarket giant Tesco will open a superstore within Liverpool One on February 16.

This spring also sees the opening of the biggest Topshop outside London. Retail chain Arcadia has been refurbishing and extending its existing store in Church Street and turning it into a 65,000 sq ft outlet that will also open into Liverpool One.

The store, which will be five times bigger than the existing store and comprise around 48,000 sq ft of trading space, will face a head to head battle to win fashion-conscious customers with the equally huge Primark store next door.

The outlet will include a style adviser and personal shoppers who will offer customers advice on styles and sizes.

It is part of a UK expansion programme costing ?75m which is seeing an extra 400,000 sq ft of floor-space added to its existing 1.3m sq ft estate. It has been estimated this could boost annual sales by ?200m.

tonymcdonough
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast