Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool One Shopping Area [Completed Phases]

Blog Entries

RE: Trafford Centre.

We have been the Trafford Centre several times, every time we usually come home with nothing apart from magazines from WH Smith!
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Trial run on the fountains today in Liverpool One
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Quote Originally Posted by seasidenan View Post
    Shame on you Cadfael I live on the Fylde coast and don't drive, but I've been twice and will be visiting again in a couple of weeks. It's a great place and something to proud of...development at its best in my opinion. Much better than Trafford centre, which I've also visited twice since it opened I haven't bought a thing there because it's so crowded it's unpleasant to be there.
    I've never gone simply because I don't have a need to go. Most of my shopping is done on the net and since I've moaned about it looking like a 60's building from the outside, I'm hardly going to make a special visit else I'd need another pair of glasses for me other face

Blog Entries

Default Liverpool One Shopping Area [Completed Phase 2]

Sep 30 2008 by Neil Hodgson, Liverpool Echo

THE second phase of Liverpool One will open tomorrow with an all-day festival and a royal visit.

Princess Anne will unveil a plaque at noon, signalling the opening to the public of the remodelled five-acre Chavasse Park and a leisure terrace with a range of bars and restaurants.

The ?1bn shopping development will also welcome Cherie Blair, the wife of former prime minister Tony Blair, who will return to her home town with actor father Tony Booth.

All the streets and roads within the Paradise Street scheme will be open for the first time since building work on Europe?s biggest retail project began four years ago.

The second phase will add a 14-screen Odeon cinema, the new Chavasse Park and 560 new car parking spaces in Q-Park?s Gradwell Street multi-storey car park.

Tomorrow?s opening will bring the number of shops to more than 160 and unveil the leisure terrace, which project director Rod Holmes dubbed ?Liverpool?s living room?.

Once Princess Anne has opened the scheme, shoppers and visitors will be treated to an all-day street festival, featuring fashion shows, street artists and musicians.

The stars will be out early tomorrow, with appearances by actress Jennifer Ellison, singer Natasha Hamilton and Apprentice finalist Alex Wotherspoon during the day.

The finale will be a 10pm firework display lasting almost 10 minutes launched from the rooftops of the new Hilton hotel and 600-apartment One Park West buildings, as well as the nearby docks, visible for miles.

Liverpool One chief executive Joanne Jennings said: ?We cannot wait for the firework finale.

?It will be a fitting climax to the event, the ultimate show finale to wrap up another chapter in the unfolding story of Liverpool One.?

The opening of phase one of Liverpool One on May 29 was attended by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

neilhodgson@liverpoolecho.co.uk

Pics pics and more pics please
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I wont go in there sorry.

No respect is shown to Noel. they have just shoved him aside for all this.

My wife goes mad as i refuse to go in, the park was a dedication to a very brave man, not for royalty and two bit celebs to show off around a shopping mall. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr i get so mad about this, enough, bring in the bulldozers
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

One of the many escalators in Liverpool 1. After looking at the staircase above this I hope it never breaks down.Taken yesterday.
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Will be glad the new Chavasse(Chav In the word eh) will be opened again at least, the steps are good for sitting down on when walking around town but theres no where else to sit around In Liverpool one.

Hope It's good enough to prevent smackheads from going Into the bushes to drug abuse like they did alot before they closed It off.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I wont go in there sorry.

No respect is shown to Noel. they have just shoved him aside for all this.

My wife goes mad as i refuse to go in, the park was a dedication to a very brave man, not for royalty and two bit celebs to show off around a shopping mall. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr i get so mad about this, enough, bring in the bulldozers
    I disagree. I think the real denegration of his name was the truly horrendous smack-head den that was the previous park. Transforming the area to one that will be involved far more in everyday life will bring people much closer to the memory of Noel. Previously it was nothing to many but a cut through to the docks or somewhere to mug someone when you ran out of drug money.

I think though that the statue currently in Abercromby Square should be located here to reinforce the reasoning behind the name.

I never had no trouble in Chavasse Park, I spent many a day with the kids there. The whole place should have been named after Noel.

I first thought his statue should be moved here, but after visiting it i believe it gets more respect in Abercrombey Square. maybe something else to remember him by? some of the walkways could be named after him? I would like to see a first aid post there, this would come in handy for the many visitors, plus would be a nice touch to Noel.

Until they give something to remember him by im staying out of there, the wife will have to go in with her mates.

Fair enough plenty of people like the place, lots enjoy the new shops ( My wife does ) im not knocking any of that, im sure it will benefit the city, and i hope it is.

Im just taking my one man stand in honour of Noel Chavasse.

now back to kev's thread, i shall keep Noel out

I never had no trouble in Chavasse Park, I spent many a day with the kids there. The whole place should have been named after Noel.

I first thought his statue should be moved here, but after visiting it i believe it gets more respect in Abercrombey Square. maybe something else to remember him by? some of the walkways could be named after him? I would like to see a first aid post there, this would come in handy for the many visitors, plus would be a nice touch to Noel.

Until they give something to remember him by im staying out of there, the wife will have to go in with her mates.
    I could be wrong, but there wasnt ever anything there to commemmorate him was there? Other than the name. As they have kept the name Chavasse Park they haven't reduced the tribute. They have provided names for specific elements within the park e.g. Kenyon's Steps, but there are themselves tributes to other folk who have played a role in the city. At least I think so anyway.

I havent had the chance to see the statue up in Abercrombie yet. Where abouts is it?

They took his park, the whole place should be called Chavasse.

Oops im off again ( slaps wrist )

The statue is on the outside of Abercrombey Square ( oxford Street i think its called? or the continuation of )

I shall open a thread and post a pic, that keeps it off here.

Blog Entries

THE chief executive of Liverpool One last night said she was confident the ?1bn development would not fall victim to the credit crunch and would continue to buck the trend of decreasing retail sales. Read

TODAY?S eagerly awaited grand opening of the second phase of Liverpool One comes at a difficult moment in some ways, with the financial world in a state of confusion and chaos over the ongoing credit crunch crisis. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

Fair enough plenty of people like the place, lots enjoy the new shops ( My wife does ) im not knocking any of that, im sure it will benefit the city, and i hope it is.

Im just taking my one man stand in honour of Noel Chavasse.

now back to kev's thread, i shall keep Noel out
    At the risk of causing offence, but that is preferable to remaining ignorant, who was Noel Chavasse? I've never heard the name before.

PS - Spike, just seen your other post about Noel. Now suitably informed - thanks.
    Kevin
    Last edited by kevin; 10-01-2008 at 08:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Oct 2 2008 by David Bartlett, Liverpool Daily Post

Final piece in the jigsaw to complete Liverpool One

Around a billion pounds of investment paid off yesterday ? as David Bartlett reports

THE opening of the second phase of Liverpool One came to a spectacular end with a firework display last night.

The Princess Royal braved the rain in Liverpool to officially open the ?1bn development.

The Duke of Westminster, Britain?s third richest man, whose company Grosvenor is behind the 42-acre scheme, spoke of his pride at building Liverpool One.

Yesterday saw 24 more shops, restaurants and bars open to the public as well as the new revamped five acre Chavasse Park and a 14-screen Odeon cinema.

Grosvenor also announced that 11 brands have committed to take space in the centre, including Tesco, which will have a store in Hanover Street.

It follows the first phase opening at the end of May, since when footfall in the city centre has increased by 33%.

Last night, Liverpool council leader Warren Bradley said it was now vital the city worked hard to consolidate its new economic position.

The Duke started proceedings on the Sugar House steps to Chavasse Park yesterday shortly after noon. He told the crowd: ?Four years ago, it was in desperate need of regeneration. It was in part a wasteland between Liverpool?s waterfront and the rest of the city.

He said he was confident Liverpool One would play a vital role in making the city world class once again restoring its place in the premier league of retail destinations.

The Duke admitted there had been challenges in the project, but thanked developers Laing O?Rouke and Balfour Beatty for their work.

He also singled out former council leader Cllr Mike Storey and ex-council chief executive Sir David Henshaw for their vision, before thanking current leader Cllr Warren Bradley and chief executive Colin Hilton.

?We most of all thank you, the people of Liverpool, for putting up with the disruption and access restrictions.

?We hope you will agree it has been worth the wait.?

Princess Anne unveiled a plaque for the official opening before joining VIPs for a reception in a marquee on Chavasse Park.

THROUGHOUT the day, visitors were entertained by street performers and fashion shows, culminating with a firework spectacular at around 10pm.

Joanne Jennings, chief executive of Liverpool One, said: ?It?s wonderful to finally be able to give people full access to the areas that have been under construction for so long.

?Liverpool One has been a phenomenal success for us, the retailers, and the city as a whole since phase one launch back in May.

?We know people have responded positively to Liverpool One?s retail offering when we first launched.

?I can only hope they love it even more when they get to experience the beautiful Chavasse Park and its attending leisure offerings.?

New stores which opened yesterday included Fred Perry, L?Occitane, Urban Outfitters, USC, Radley, Karen Millen, G Star, Lakeland and a Crocs Store.

While restaurants and cafes which opened on the terrace yesterday included Yo! Sushi, Wagamama, Zizzi, Pizza Hut, Las Iguanas, Caf? Rouge, Nando?s and Barburrito, as well as the Gourmet Burger Kitchen and Korova Bar. Pete Lyons, manager of Las Iguanas, who grew up in Tuebrook, said he could not think of a better location for the Latin American restaurant.

?Liverpool One has resuscitated the city and completely woken us up. Although the park itself is small, it?s a version of New York?s Central Park and not something you expect to find in the middle of a city centre.

?The terrace is going to become very hip and trendy.?

SEE tomorrow?s paper to read about the return of the historic US bald eagle to Paradise Street.

davidbartlett
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast