YO! Liverpool
View RSS Feed

Liverpool Picturebook

Lizzie Christian

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Bob Edwards View Post
When I was a young lad of 15 I worked in Liverpool city centre, at the time I was riding a bike delivering newspapers for W H Smith who had a bookstall in Central Station. I remember well the cold winters the snow and the fog and the ice, I remember the traffic driving along Church Street Parker Street and Lime Street. There were days when I couldn't wait for 4pm to arrive so I could cycle back home. I would start work in Central station at 6am in the morning and on my way through the city I would see the barrow girls, the flower sellers and the newspaper vendors, laying out their wares ready for the commuters that would arrive by bus and train I would see Lizzie Christian on almost a daily basis, Lizzie was a stalwart among barrow girls in Liverpool.

Lizzie Christian
©Stephen Shakeshaft

Read more..................

Submit "Lizzie Christian" to Digg Submit "Lizzie Christian" to del.icio.us Submit "Lizzie Christian" to Google Submit "Lizzie Christian" to Facebook

Comments

For daily updates, to support us further or to join in the conversation: Follow us on Twitter @YOLiverpool / Like our Facebook Page: @LiverpoolInPictures / Join the Facebook Group: Liverpool In Pictures (YO! Liverpool)

YO! Liverpool has taken me over 10 years to develop and maintain. If you like the website, please donate via PayPal!