There are weird and wonderful places I remember, all my life da di dar

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Pat Springsteen View Post
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20070822c.JPG 
Views:	460 
Size:	230.0 KB 
ID:	24805

Hi, I'm Pat, the Liverpool-born and dragged up author of The Soot Butterflies, a little novel about an eighteen year old Welsh girl at the beginning of the 60s, who gets pregnant on a one night stand with a boy from Liverpool, and how the reactions of her parents and society make a monster from a mother. I thought I might do this strange Liverpool tour guide blog of all the weird and wonderful places in which the book's plot unfolds. It’s not an official guide to Liverpool; far from it.It’s the Unofficial Guide. And you won’t find the Beatles Museum or the ferry across the Mersey here. You can get them in the proper guide, down at the shops.This is the Improper Guide, the Unofficial Improper Soot Butterflies’ Guide to Liverpool. Now my old English teacher would tell me that’s a dangled participle, and then ask me what the hell an improper soot butterfly looked like, but hey ho. (See, you can read this for its educational self-improving qualities too!)

So, if you liked the book, you can take the tour, so to speak. Or, if you couldn’t stand the book, but equally couldn’t stand the idea of conforming with the masses and lining up to see the same old same old, then bring this blog and Yo! Liverpool with you on your phone or whatever, to make your visit or your time-killing complete. So, where shall we fly to first, my lovely soot butterflies? I think to an old cemetery with a large dark stone pyramid tomb in the middle of it, just up that hill there, up out of the city centre, to the bohemian quarter, up past Chinatown and the bombed out church. Come on, keep up now at the back ...

Submit "There are weird and wonderful places I remember, all my life da di dar" to Digg Submit "There are weird and wonderful places I remember, all my life da di dar" to del.icio.us Submit "There are weird and wonderful places I remember, all my life da di dar" to Google Submit "There are weird and wonderful places I remember, all my life da di dar" to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments