View RSS Feed

Jilly

Take a look at Tommy Scouse..

Rate this Entry
Hi, I'm new on this site - I'm a writer originally from Liverpool and want to keep up with what's going on even though I'm not there as often as I'd like to be.
Besides scripts, I write a couple of fictional character blogs, to help me develop characters further. One is about a character called Tommy Scouse - a young lad who spends most of time around the docks. Please take a look if you have a minute, and let me know what you think (good or bad)... I'm always after feedback (constructive critisism please!)
The url is [B][url]www.tommyscouse.wordpress.com[/url][/B]
As I say, love to know what's going on in Liverpool, as I only manage to get up there every few months usually.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Jilly..

Submit "Take a look at Tommy Scouse.." to Digg Submit "Take a look at Tommy Scouse.." to del.icio.us Submit "Take a look at Tommy Scouse.." to Google Submit "Take a look at Tommy Scouse.." to Facebook

Tags: tommy scouse Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Tom.. Yes I completely understand what you're saying. As a writer I do have to use a lot of 'artistic licence' to attempt to get inside someone's head. Yes I'm girl, and yes I do have a better idea of what is was like to to be 13 as the girl (in Huyton) in about 1981. I have written a stageplay about a ten year old girl in Liverpool, which has been staged in Windsor and in London, within that play there was a young male character... and this blog (the Tommy Scouse blog) comes from the idea of that original character, but a little more down trodden and a little older. I wanted to write something a bit more gritty and realistic, which didn't pull the punches of my previous play. And this is why I'm using the Tommy Scouse blog as a 'try out' to see if I could develop that character for a play. That's why I'm really interested in your constructive comments!
    Cheers for commenting.. and feel free comment again (positive or negative!).
    Jilly
    No I haven't yet, but I will take a look in the next couple of days.
    Thanks Tom
    Jilly