View RSS Feed

dazza

'The Dingle' glen, in old photographs

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
Hi guys, I thought I'd share with you some old photo's that I've collected of the Dingle area. It features Dingle glen, which was a wooded valley and natural beauty spot leading right down to the Mersey. More notoriously, it was the site of the last duel to be fought in Liverpool - between Mr Sparling, of St. Domingo house, and Mr Grayson, an eminent ship builder, on Sunday morning, 7.00am 24th February, 1804. I've also included some maps and photo's to help you get your bearings. I hope you enjoy, regards,

Daz

Dingle glen with the brook and visitors. c.1900 LRO

Dingle glen base with bathers. c.1900 LRO

Dingle glen base at the mersey, with David's Throne (a rocky outcrop) to the far left of image. c.1900 LRO

Dingle glen base from the mersey, with David's Throne (a rocky outcrop) to the left of image. Notice the telegraph poles. c.1900 LRO

Summer house on Dingle glen.

Dingle OS map c.1908 Dingle glen is to the right of 'Knott's Hole' where is says 'sands'. The railway bridge crosses the glen.

The remains of an rocky outcrop to the left of Knott's Hole, featured on the map above. My photo.

Dingle glen today, filled-in and allotted to part-time gardeners. My photo

Dingle ariel photo, showing garden festival dome on reclaimed land about Knott's Hole. Google Earth view.

Submit "'The Dingle' glen, in old photographs" to Digg Submit "'The Dingle' glen, in old photographs" to del.icio.us Submit "'The Dingle' glen, in old photographs" to Google Submit "'The Dingle' glen, in old photographs" to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Gem and vogue Docetaxel once more hand in hand, let charity become the action Italian charms to let charity make the move, zhou Dafu once more hand in hand night of charity of 2008 BAZZAR star, on August 22, 2008, louis vuitton handbags the 6th " night of BAZZAR star charity " in Beijing Bai Yue hotel cell signal is held grandly. The only large and beneficent activity and Chinese year force are the Sterling Silver largest top class Navel rings and fty720 beneficent inhibitor grand ceremony during regarding Beijing as the Olympic Games, current " night of BAZZAR star charity pandora beads " pazopanib the special hour that also fixes eyes upon vorinostat in this whole world attained unprecedented scale. Present honored guest has Zhang Ziyi of international giant star, Yang Ziqiong and celebrated director Wu Yusen, Chen Kexin Gemcitabine to wait. Besides Italian charms bracelets as always about a hundred star, distinguished personages, famous entrepreneur is full-dress attend, outside the fashionable star characteristic of night AZD2281 of continuance replica watches BAZZAR charity, RAD001 participate in the Er of Lai buy wow gold of cloth of bcl-2 the cheap wow gold premier before still having England antibody of star charity night reachs case of Taxol Hai Bo chanel handbags of official of its madam, Olympic Games Organizing chamilia beads Committee this year. For a short while starlight Yi Yi, wow gold your " night of BAZZAR star charity " elegant demeanour of replica handbags whole late glaring giant star. Luo Belly rings Ping of undersecretary of national politics ministry flies to a gentleman gucci handbags in (right 8) , " fashionable Ba Sha " publisher Mr Liu Jiang (left 2) , " fashionable Ba Sha " executive publisher holds chief editor Ms. Su Mang concurrently charm (right) , in order Erlotinib to commend their crackajack Capecitabine contribution in addition, famous luxury brand also heads for numerous Rapamycin international aid blast, great good fortune of week of world-famous gem brand is more in participating in its once more. Brand chief inspector CEO Mr Huang Shaoji of Zhou Dafu Pa****axel and Miss Zhao Fang all suffers invite attend beneficent evening, the appeal force investment that is Everolimus dedicated to will fashionable course balenciaga handbags of study hand in hand arrives among the support to charities, make Chinese beneficent course of study moves toward Gefitinib international, Celecoxib push to prada handbags the history new tall. International giant star Miss jewelry Zhang Ziyi attends 2008BAZAAR to star Wu Sunitinib Yusen of beneficent night world-famous hermes handbags director carries a madam to attend evening of 2008BAZAAR star charity, Cyclopamine adorn beneficent love necklace shares collect carefully of edition pandora charms of 11 international top class set limit to to taste that evening by the auction, Dasatinib money of earning be Bortezomib apt to adds up to 10.35 million yuan of RMBs, for all previous " night of troll beads BAZZAR star charity " Abiraterone most, mo