YO! Liverpool
View RSS Feed

Liverpool Picturebook

Calderstones Park

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Bob Edwards View Post

Calderstones Park
is situated in the Allerton area of the city and from 1845 until 1954 the stones that gave the park its name were situated in a circular arrangement on a site at the junction of Calderstones Road and Menlove Avenue. It is believed that the stones belonged to a burial chamber that was covered by a large mound of earth and that they were used as a tomb around 5000 years ago.





Read more.........

Submit "Calderstones Park" to Digg Submit "Calderstones Park" to del.icio.us Submit "Calderstones Park" to Google Submit "Calderstones Park" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

For daily updates, to support us further or to join in the conversation: Follow us on Twitter @YOLiverpool / Like our Facebook Page: @yoliverpoolpics / Join the Facebook Group: YO! Liverpool Pictures

× Thanks for coming to the web site. Support our future by turning off your Ad-Blocker or consider a donation via PayPal or Credit Card!