View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Merseyside Area Amateur Football League

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Edwards View Post
    A collection of Merseyside Area Amateur Football League, Team photographs courtesy of Billy Flanagan, the photographs are his private collection and he has asked me to share them with you through 'Liverpool Picturebook'

See the photographs here...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Post War Liverpool

The difference between the soldier coming home from the First War and the soldier returning from the Second World War, was that there was no material damage to the city during the first.

Soldiers returning from the Second World War however, came back to a city that was almost unrecognisable to them. It was therefore evident to all that the road to recovery for
    Tags: post, soldiers, war Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Liverpool Entertainers

In 2001 the Guinness Book of Records declared Liverpool 'City of Pop' due to the many number one records to have emerged from the city. The most famous band to have come from Liverpool is of course The Beatles who played many of their early gigs at the Cavern Club. There are a number of articles about The Beatles on this site, there is also a feature about Brian Epstein and another about ‘Liverpool’s Laughter Makers’ but I wanted to take some time out to mention some of the other entertainers
    Tags: entertainers Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. International Women’s Day - Eleanor Rathbone

Friday 13th March 2013 is International Women’s Day, so it was fitting, I thought, that ‘Liverpool Picturebook’ should pay some small tribute to the ladies in history that have made out city great. But, where to start, just some basic research on famous Liverpool women led me to over 150 names in just under an hour, all of them had made a contribution to the city in one way or another, both great and small. Some like Kitty Wilkinson and Bessie Braddock are already featured on this site
  5. Woolton Village

Just across Menlove Avenue is Woolton Village which is on the surface a pretty suburb of Liverpool which to a large extent retains the vestiges of village life in the face of an ever-encroaching and all-encompassing "improved way of life" which means in effect more traffic and more housing estates, just two factors which have sounded the death knell of
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 39 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast