View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Victoria Street

Quote Originally Posted by BobEd View Post
    Victoria Street in Liverpool was built in 1867 in order to connect North John Street to Manchester Street, the area was originally made up of a warren of tiny narrow streets with slum housing and industry. It suffered heavy bombing during the blitz and the General Post Office (GPO) and the Government Building where both hit. The damage to the government building was judged to be so severe that it was demolished and its basement foundations to this day remain, as a car park.
    The post office
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Liver Building

Quote Originally Posted by BobEd View Post
    Probably the most photographed and well known building in Liverpool. It is located at Pier Head and stands proud and majestic against the skyline of Liverpool and the riverfront. The building is made of reinforced concrete and was the first large scale building of its type. It was built in 1911 for the Royal Liver Friendly Society.
    This impressive architectural masterpiece features a pair of clock towers from which shipping could tell the time as they passed en route along the river. The
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Liverpool Picturebook Blogspot

I am grateful to Kev for asking me to contribute items from my Blog to 'Yo Liverpools' Band of Bloggers. Check the blog section often for updates and bookmark it in your favorites,

http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/for...nd-of-Bloggers
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Liverpool/Merseyside to Join Wales

Welsh & Scots devolution puts Glasgow, Edinburgh and Cardiff in great situations to English cities. The devolved countries have the power to introduce their taxation. There was a debate on Land Valuation Taxation in the Welsh Assembly recently. Glasgow is attempting to get Land Valuation Taxation implemented. This is difficult to do in England as the United Kingdom government have to pass this sort of tax.

Liverpool with derelict buildings, similar to Glasgow, attempted to get ...
    Tags: -1' Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Traveling around Australia 1

by , 03-12-2012 at 07:46 PM (Australian Bound/ Living with royalty)
    So after 6 months i started getting itchie feet again so i worked another month for my notice didn't have to but well ppl up there in the mining town i had on the whole had a good time so said ok boys from my shift into the pub spent well who knows? barman & ppl were happy and so was I, so next morning after withdrawing a tidy sum from my own personal account, said last goodbyes ready to get a taxi to Karratha airport then final wave to my shift guys & girls and away we went excuse ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast