View RSS Feed

Liverpool Picturebook

Arthur Dooley

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Bob Edwards View Post
In recent articles on 'Liverpool Picturebook I have paid tribute to musicians, entertainers and other famous people like Kitty Wilkinson and Father James Nugent. But there are a whole host of Liverpool born people worthy of a place on the site, I will be writing about some of these people over the coming weeks and I want to start today with a brief article about a 'true scouser' and major Liverpool talent, the sculptur Arthur Dooley.

Arthur Dooley was born on 17 January he was a British artist and sculptor. Born Arthur John Patrick Dooley in Liverpool, He served in the Irish Guards for nine years, he was also a welder at Cammell Laird shipyard in Birkenhead, and worked at the Dunlop factory in Speke. He went from moulding tyres to sculpting art at St. Martin's School of Art, London, (later incorporated into Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design) becoming a student there in 1953, he had his first exhibition at the Gallery of the same name in 1962.
Read More........

Submit "Arthur Dooley" to Digg Submit "Arthur Dooley" to del.icio.us Submit "Arthur Dooley" to Google Submit "Arthur Dooley" to Facebook

Comments