View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Settling down cont

by , 08-28-2011 at 10:05 PM (Australian Bound/ Living with royalty)
    So 0800 Tuesday went into work, Mike come into the office will you I know you've just started ( as long as I can remember I have always been funny) just 1 question have I been too slow that's why I getting the push? who say's your getting the push? No I was wondering if you would like to go on shift work ( he said more money for the 2 shifts) when I was hesitating no that's fine that's not it, it's just Max pick's me up and then drops me home? oh don't worry about that I can ask who's passing your ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Settling down

by , 08-27-2011 at 11:19 PM (Australian Bound/ Living with royalty)
    So after the dss rang up all these firms, Monday morning came I got a call from Reception mail here, expecting mail from my family, but no I had 3 offers from employers so made arrangments to see them over 2 days,
    In the 70s, Australia had a WHITE POLICY so employment was great you could pick your jobs and stay as long as you want and employers knew it, today for instance for every job there are appox 30 people wanting them,
    so when I had decided to advise the employers that I would ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Liverpool. As home.

George Melly.

I have, at long last, finished his book;Rum Bum and Concertina.

I had bought the paperback second hand some years ago, I had one attempt at reading it, but had given up. It is not a story I have much in common with. Young public-school boy with homosexual proclivities joins the Navy near the end of WWII.
    Perhaps it is his connection with Liverpool and my own, less actual, experiences of the city and it's people that has allowed me to get the reading ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. First few weeks in Perth WA

by , 08-23-2011 at 11:07 PM (Australian Bound/ Living with royalty)
    So after settling into the BATEMAN ( us Engish called it Butlin's) HOLIDAY CAMP,3 meals per day, linen changed every week, all toilets were cleaned by contactors after the christmas/new year holiday's we were told now we can now visit the department of social security to sign papers to recieve money fortnightly, but I wanted a job were told that we could stay there for 3 month's even if we got a job but our living expences would start to being charged, if you didn't have a job you paid a nominal ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ship trip from Singapore to my new country

by , 08-19-2011 at 10:30 PM (Australian Bound/ Living with royalty)
    So Approx 41 years ago, we arrived from London to a hot & steamy Singapore, we decided (while at Gatwick waiting to leave I formed a friendship with some boy's & girls who like me was were starting in a new country and we were all very nervovous about the future, funny I have never had any trouble forming friendships as you know, just keeping them that's my trouble) so we all went for a meal, then back to the hotel for a kip next afternoon a bus picked us up for some of us the final ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast