View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Attitude

Earl Nightingale once said that "Our attitude towards life will determine the life attitude towards us.” Gold sentence was submitted in another way by Helen Keler who said "Optimism is the confidences that accompany your achievement. There's nothing you can do without hope and confidence. "

People are always thinking positive is that successful people, they fill his life with great hope and confidence, otherwise people tend to think negatively often face many obstacles ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A literary thread 21 12 2010

I was raised in a bookless house,my early reading experiences being via the comics of the 1950's and Radio Fun annuals lying around my grandmother's house, and later, an uncle (still a teenager) in the 'merch' brought home American comic books.
    The Beano, Dandy, Beezer etc were my favourites, I can recall a neighbours (older) son trying to introduce me to the Hotspur and the Eagle, definitely a superior literary experience. However,my old man was a product of the courts and cellars of the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. some more scribblings.

I lived in Tunnel Rd, facing the old coal merchants offices,from birth (1950) and moved out when the bulldozers moved in (1966- there goes the neighbourhood !). We relocated to Lee Park, where my dad's family had migrated from Myrtle Gardens. My auntie May's lot were the first, having settled in Bele Vale Rd c1956 ( many carefree days being spent there pre 1960) and as the rest of the family knew the area,the transition was logical.
    My old man had worked painting the tower blocks some years ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Is your dad bigger than my dad?

Odd, this childhood growing-up thing. Is it not? Funny how you learn how other people live, other children anyway. First maybe your neighbourhood kids; those you are friendly with. Then after a while your horizons broaden a little when you start school. Some friends have parents who both work others have their mum at home. Some eat as a family at table others, as and when they are hungry or just to fit in with what is on the TV or right there in front of the TV. All this after the open fire had ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Edge Hill Exploits

I alluded in a previous scribbling to the Dickensian decay of various parts of my old neighbourhood. Indeed it would seem that my wife has a mental image of me barefoot, hoop in hand, scampering behind a Hansom cab crying "spare us a farving Guv?" to the top-hatted occupants. While we are of the same vintage, our childhood environments differed. Her grandparents migrated from surrounding parishes and settled into the village of Speke in 1905, their first child being born in that year, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast