View RSS Feed

Australian Bound/ Living with royalty

Leading up to Living and working with the Royal family

Rate this Entry
carrying on,( I didn't want to look at my dad as he was behind nodding his head) so I yea but can I ask a question first? before I make my mind up, how many £'s do i get a week and what would I be doing? 1, £3.75 To £4.50 per week, 2, Monday to Sat lunch time, 3, riding the shop bike delvering "meat? to all our customers from our shop in Whiston? ( dad was just staring at me I can iminge him saying he's talking himself out of the job) sorry about that? no,no, it's good that you want to find out about the job, so CAN I accept now? or do i have to wait until you have interviewed more boy's? no out came his hand welcome to Whiston & District co-op you be there for 8am in smart jean's & a nice shirt? 7.30am I was there waiting, out came the butcher can I help you son ( looked about 100 ha ha) yes Alan told me to be here for 8am oh your our new delivery boy yes sir come in were just having a cup of tea now we have finished packing the bike, what!!!!! gulp gulp long sigh, it's over the top that's your delivery for the day, midday stop and have your sandwiches/drink your mam's gave you once you have finished that come back and then your finished the earlier your finished the earlier you can go home so I pedaled as fast as I could delivering basket's getting lower and lower then basket's empty? no stopping for lunch finished in Huyton no more deliverys right pedaled down the lines ( Huyton Quarry to Cronton Collery) bikes bumping up & down it was ok this morning white papers all over the place need something to hold it down oh Coal that will do put a bit in train must have just gone past so going down found a box put coal into box which was in the basket got home mam i'm here got a bit of coal as well she was fabagasted basket was jumping all over the place so i found a box and put some coal to weigh it down stayed home for 3/4 of an hour then went back to work GOOD BOY your back earlier than I thought but before you go home clean your bike up be back in a mo came back with Alan and a bottle of pop how's your first day Great I love it finishing earlier as well thank's for the pop ok see you tommorrow? ok tara next morning going to work mam 7.15am got there loaded up left 25min's later stayed there until just before my 16th birthday my aunty rang her sister ( my mum) nattering on, I saw a job in the Echo tonight for a boy who would like to be trained as an assistant Butler apply to the Estate office Lord Sefton's Croxteth Hall West Derby little did I know my life was being mapped out ( nothing to do with me) mam rang that night please ring in the morning and talk to the estate office I will tell them you rang!! so nothing was told to me just go to work as normal, that night how are you? fine no you don't look very well I'll ring up and say your having tommorow off me ???????? next morning ok oh I can go to work no your going after a job in West Derby for a Lord? so of to the interview again asking all these questions escuse me missus can I talk to your son by himself cause he's the one applying for the job? then interview was over have to interview other boy's I wasn't worried, looking forward to going back to work!!! 2 weeks later phone call while I was at work your son has been very succesfully if he still is intrested in the job he has to give a weeks notice in or it that no good? he must be here to start monday week as his Lordship is in America wirh her ladyship so bags packed ready to leave home at 16 September 3rd 1964 will alway's be a date that will stick in my mind

Submit "Leading up to Living and working  with the Royal family" to Digg Submit "Leading up to Living and working  with the Royal family" to del.icio.us Submit "Leading up to Living and working  with the Royal family" to Google Submit "Leading up to Living and working  with the Royal family" to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Mike, be a darling and collect your thoughts, I would love to hear your first impressions of you starting life as an 'under-butler' or whatever it was. Great stuff this. I wonder what the local dogs thought of you dropping off all this meat early? I suppose though that in those days people were home to take it in.
    Did your mum get used to the daily box of coal?
    Keep it up mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oudeis
    Mike, be a darling and collect your thoughts, I would love to hear your first impressions of you starting life as an 'under-butler' or whatever it was. Great stuff this. I wonder what the local dogs thought of you dropping off all this meat early? I suppose though that in those days people were home to take it in.
    Did your mum get used to the daily box of coal?
    Keep it up mate.
    Oudeis, what's this DARLING? you'll have people talking about us!!! the local dogs you do mean the four legged varity?" after the first day I went back and saw the 2ic and asked him can I open an account so I can buy sausages so I can give them 1/2 so i can get in & out with the meat as they jump trying to get the meat No!! your not paying for them we'll give them to you ( mam got any sausages left over + the coal memorys of those day's and it took her a couple of days but I had to remember to take sandwiches & and a bottle of pop so it looked like I WAS having it on the road but I never had any weight gain then or working on the buses but once I got married in 1978 UP SHE WENT and never to go down I write it down next time I'm at work next saturday 16/7/00)
    Enjoy your down time Mike, brushing up on your Chinese?
    no the reason i said i will start next Sat was because their was an AFL football match so i started work at 7pm match started at 7.30pm i only did my patrol between 1/4's and 1/2 time, it finished @11pm so filled in the work i was going to do had a cuppa checked the firm's emails, looked at my wages, then started work on here haha Chinese I'm still trying to teach Janice Scouse sayings we have been married 33 years this year and according to her i stii come out with Strange sayings Like " hey you put the wood in the hole"
    Phew Mike, you've got some memory! I can't recall what I was doing yesterday!

'Strange sayings' put the wood in the hole.....ha ha ha.
    Or the other one "just going though the lean -to, and to the back shed" what that hell is a lean to she say's" a patio to you Lizzie i said the other day I was talking to my mam in Scotland and told her that people said at my age I couldn't have that good of memory I must be making it up, her answer was
    If you had done something all those years ago and you were proud of it, the whole episode/detail will stick in you mind, but something else that you did as a teenager, if it didn't rate your memory would rub it out to the extent it's still there but trying to remember detail would be hard, even though she's 90 this year she still talks sense, I asked our son Andrew what good thing sticks in your mind( here's 30 years younger) When I was 15 started at "hungry jacks"( a take-way) and with my first pay you let me buy my own coat instead of you & mum buying it that was the best