View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. St Peter's Church, Church Street, Est.1704

^ St Peter's Church, Church Street, c.1900's (LRO).

I remember reading somewhere that the design for St. Peter's Church, Church Street [consecrated 1704] was based on Wren's rebuilding of St. Andrew's Church, Holborn, London [1686]. I can't remember where I read this, but has intriged me ever since. I took some pictures of St Andrew's for comparison.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Families on lowest incomes subsidise the lives of the rich

[COLOR="black"][FONT="Verdana"][B]THE PROBLEM[/B]

[INDENT][INDENT]Three million children today are living in poverty. Children born to the poorest families suffer little or no social mobility. Successions of governments, of different parties, can't change this due to the tax system. [/INDENT][/INDENT]
    Are politicians to blame?
    [INDENT][INDENT]The biggest scam in history was instigated on the people centuries ago by the Lords, Barons and Knights of ...
    Tags: lvt, tax Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. BRAND NEW FASHION FAIR FOR LIVERPOOL, PLEASE SUPPORT

The first of a new monthly fashion fair showcasing some of Liverpool's best creative talents and vintage stores. FREE ENTRY & special drinks promotions. There's no better way to spend your Sunday afternoon :)

ALOHA BAR, COLQUITT ST, LIVERPOOL
    12-5PM
    FREE ENTRY
    Tags: fair, fashion Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. GEORGE SKELLY, AUTHOR OF CAMEO CONSPIRACY, BLOG

[QUOTE=captain kong;298097]George has a new BLOG, Very interesting,
    Just type SKELLYSWORLD and enjoy his comments and thoughts on this and that.
    Cheers
    Brian.[/QUOTE]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Liver Building

Quote Originally Posted by BobEd View Post
    Probably the most photographed and well known building in Liverpool. It is located at Pier Head and stands proud and majestic against the skyline of Liverpool and the riverfront. The building is made of reinforced concrete and was the first large scale building of its type. It was built in 1911 for the Royal Liver Friendly Society.
    This impressive architectural masterpiece features a pair of clock towers from which shipping could tell the time as they passed en route along the river. The
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast