View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. More Edge Hill Exploits

2. Juvenile Jaunts in Edge Hill

Just as wildlife uses hedgerows as corridors of travel, we kids in Edge Hill/Liverpool had the ubiquitous 'entry' ('enog'/jigger/jowler etc). Intimate knowledge of these byways was sometimes critical to survival, as there was the ever present chance of encountering other denizens of the district intent on discovering ones sporting allegiances. "Oo do yer stick up for?" was a somewhat loaded question, as the inquisitors were always in a position of numerical strength; the reward for an ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. paulette

I am quite new to the site (first site I have ever been on so finding it really difficult to understand words like blog/forum/threads)?
    I am a busy staff nurse (of 30 yrs) and I'm 62 going on 42.
    Trying hard to find out things like how I can find out about places where I was born - New Road Tuebrook. Patients I look after ask me about Carters from the 1920s era? Where do I find this info?
    I click on to lots of messages but cannot figure out how to see the photographs they have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Forget Blue and Red, Merseyside is Black and Orange!

I wonder if I can find any MERSEY TIGERS fans to share my excitment about Pro-Basketball right here in Liverpool.
    I have recently started going to The Mersey Tigers home games at The Liverpool Echo Arena on Friday nights, and absolutely love it! I have always been a football watcher, but I never knew how good basketball is to watch, and never knew that Liverpool has a really successful pro-club. Now I can't get enough and go very often this season. It's just great entertainment. I tell all ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My Notification

At first I found this website because I'm looking for information about "Liverpool" and how the stories of people who live here. Very Interesting. Basically I like to go abroad and I like to help foreign tourists if need help, because I know the feeling if there is no single person who understands our language. ;-)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast