View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Land Values Creamed Off & Infrastructure Funding

[COLOR="black"]
    [B]Land Values Were Created by Community Activity[/B]

In ye very olden dayes:

[LIST][*]A landowner rarely made windfalls on increased land values created by the infrastructure paid for by the community. [*]The windfalls were mainly because of the communities activities, not the landowners.[/LIST]
    It could be said raised land values in selling off land were not the prime form of income from land, just the charging of rent on the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. liverpool past

i was born at (134 falkner street liverpool 8) in 1950, would love to hear from any one who lived in falkner street or surrounding area, moved to 56b speke road gardens in 1962, but always went went back to my roots.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Old Mate

Looking for Billy Whelan,an old mate of mine from the sixties
    He came from Norris Green...
    Does anyone know him ??

Regards,
    gta.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Work War Two

[COLOR=black][B]Germany's Poor Economy Lost Them The War [/B]

Germany lost the second world war because the Allies were able to out produce them in the making of arms. Britain and the United States were able to produce huge numbers and far more aircraft. The false conclusion has been that Hitler's gamble in invading the USSR was the key behind Germany's defeat. That was sealed before Germany declared war.

[B]Germany Had Spectacular Gains But Nothing Conclusive[/B] ...

Updated 07-04-2011 at 11:11 PM by Waterways

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Did you live here?

[QUOTE=vejomast;270552]Did anyone live during the 1930's/40's in the High Park Street area of Liverpool 8? Ouse St, Greta St, Twiss St...all opposite Mount Carmel Church.[/QUOTE]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast