View RSS Feed

Liverpool Picturebook

A site dedicated to photographs and History of old Liverpool

1. Liverpool Parks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Edwards View Post
    As a change from my normal local history articles, my post today is more up to date, I was recently asked by a lady involved with the 'Friends Of Walton Hall Park' to take some photographs of the park showing just how nice it is looking. I did so and then someone suggested I visit Princes Park, which I did, so I thought why not photograph a few more, after all, it's autumn and the colours are lovely. The link below will take you to my Picture Liverpool page where you can see all the images I have
  2. In the Liverpool Parks - 1902

In the Liverpool Parks - 1902

Our final article in the the excerpts from 'An Illustrated Guide To Liverpool - 1902' takes us on a walk around the Parks of Liverpool.

Liverpolitans can congratulate themselves in possessing so many beautiful Parks. The visitor will find it a simple matter to reach any of these delightful spots by taking advantage of the excellent system of electric trams, or by a short railway journey.

Tags: 1902, parks Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. St Johns Gardens

St Johns Gardens

In the mid 18th Century Liverpool began its
    first phase urban expansion. In 1767 St Johns Gardens was enclosed as a general burial ground with a small mortuary Chapel. It was in 1775 that the first stones were laid for St John’s Church which was designed
    Categories
    Uncategorized