View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. To the tomb. To the tomb!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Springsteen View Post
    So, where to today? Where shall we fly first, my lovely soot butterflies? I think to an old cemetery with a large dark stone pyramid tomb in the middle of it, just up that hill there, up out of the city centre, to the bohemian quarter, up past Chinatown and the bombed out church.

But wait! Just so I don’t get into trouble again, I will say from the start that this is only a tour of the Liverpool of the Soot Butterfles, not the Rome; and I promise not to tell any lewd tales here
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. While on the subject of cemeteries, I give you St James'

While on the subject of cemeteries, let‘s fly up Rodney Street now, then up to the Anglican Cathedral. But no, don’t go towards the cathedral doors with all the tourists. Take a look to the left of the huge structure. All the tourists are looking straight ahead, gobsmacked (in the Liverpool parlance) at their first sight of the cathedral; so gobsmacked in fact that they just keep looking straight ahead as they walk up to, then into, the cathedral. They never look to the left. But you are, now.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. To the tomb. To the tomb!

So, where to today? Where shall we fly first, my lovely soot butterflies? I think to an old cemetery with a large dark stone pyramid tomb in the middle of it, just up that hill there, up out of the city centre, to the bohemian quarter, up past Chinatown and the bombed out church.

But wait! Just so I don’t get into trouble again, I will say from the start that this is only a tour of the Liverpool of the Soot Butterfles, not the Rome; and I promise not to tell any lewd tales here
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. There are weird and wonderful places I remember, all my life da di dar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20070822c.JPG 
Views:	460 
Size:	230.0 KB 
ID:	24805

Hi, I'm Pat, the Liverpool-born and dragged up author of The Soot Butterflies, a little novel about an eighteen year old Welsh girl at the beginning of the 60s, who gets pregnant on a one night stand with a boy from Liverpool, and how the reactions of her parents and society make a monster from a mother. I thought I might do this strange Liverpool tour guide blog of all the weird and wonderful places in which the book's plot unfolds. It’s not an official
    Categories
    Uncategorized