PDA

View Full Version : Bits "n" Bobs

Tabnab
12-01-2008, 04:48 PM
:taxi:Thought I'd start a new thread lads.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to get a M.N. Lapel badge for the brother. anyone know of a supplier, I can't find one up here in Jockland.

Or, if any of you lads have a spare, I would be very grateful and let you warm your hands on my roaring candle if you make it over the wall. Indeed,( and this breaks ma heart) coin of the realm could change hands!
I've tried e-bay to no avail, (that means no result Chris.)

captain kong
12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi Fred I have one somewhere in my "stores", got a million tons of junk in there. if I find it I will let you know, por nada,
if it has disapeared, we, all the old Vindi Boys on here can get one from the Vindi Reunion in August, but meanwhile I will have look.
Will this do until we find a real one??
Cheers.

kevin
12-01-2008, 05:42 PM
:taxi:Thought I'd start a new thread lads.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to get a M.N. Lapel badge for the brother. anyone know of a supplier, I can't find one up here in Jockland.

Or, if any of you lads have a spare, I would be very grateful and let you warm your hands on my roaring candle if you make it over the wall. Indeed,( and this breaks ma heart) coin of the realm could change hands!
I've tried e-bay to no avail, (that means no result Chris.)

Fred,
Why would we have to give you the badge and some money.
Please explain.
Kevin
:rolleyes:

Tabnab
12-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Ah! Kevin me boy, it's a trick!

:PDT_Piratz_26:

brian daley
12-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Fred,the items you requested are available from R.C.Derham
The General Secretary ,T.S. Vindicatrix Association, 79 Elliot Rise, Hedge End,
Southampton,Hants, SO30 2RW,
Blazer Badge ,Gold & Silver wire..........?13.50p
M.N. Lapel Badge ?2.00P, both prices include post and packaging. The prices are for Vindi Members ,but you are buying it a Vindi Old boys birthday are'nt you? Ring Roy to check on 01329 280982, best of luck,
BrianD
p.s. you should'nt have problem because my kids bought me them the same way!!

Tabnab
12-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks Brian, I'll have a go as ---who said? and who played the piano?

fred.

:034:

brian daley
12-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Fred, it was'nt him who said it ,and it was'nt a piano it was a flugelhorn!
Don't mention my name to the barman again!!
BrianD

Tabnab
12-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Many thanks for all the interest lads. Managed to get an address and have set the wheels in motion.

Anyhoo, Brian it was Wilfred Pickles and Violet Carson.

Ho hum.

fred

Tabnab
12-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Been looking for this one for years lads. First heard it sung by a group of lads off a Yank in Montreal. I think it is originally Irish.

Have you heard about the big strong man
Who lived in a caravan?
Have you heard about the Johnson Jeffrey fight
Where the black man fought the white?
He plays all the organs in the belfry,
And he wants to fight Jack Dempsey.
So they'll all come out to see (Well who?)
My Brother Sylvester and me.

Chorus:
He's my brother Sylvester
And what has he got?
He's got a row of bloody medals on his chest (Big chest!)
Killed forty thousand Indians in the West,
He takes no rest,
He's got an arm like a leg,
And a fist that would sink a battle ship. (Big ship!)
Takes all the Army and the Navy
To put the wind up Sylvester.

2. He thought he'd take a trip to Italy
He thought he'd take a trip by the sea,
He dived off the pier at New York
And he swam like a man made of cork
. He saw the big ship Lusitania in distress
(So what did he do?)
He swallowed all the water in the sea (Big swallow!)
Put the big ship Lusitania on his chest (Big chest!)
And carried the bloody lot to Italy.

Chorus:
3. He thought he'd take a trip to Arabie
(So what did he do?)
He swam across the old Red Sea
He went to ev'ry harem they had got
And he made a better bloody sheik than all the lot.
All the dancing girls were dancing
And old Sylvester was prancing
And they all fell--Who for?
Well, who d'you think?
That big black bugger Sylvester.

Chorus:
4. Oh, he thought he'd take a trip to old Japan.
And the brought out the whole brass band.
He played every instrument they got
like a lad he sure beat the whole lot.
Oh the old church bells did ring
(Hells Bells!)
The old Church choir did sing.
(Hells Fire!)
They came out to say farewell
To my big brother, Sylvest.
Chorus:

Anyone else remember it?

fred.

brian daley
12-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Great song that Sylvest, I last heard it on Folk on 2 about 25 years ago,sung by a Manchester folk group.
Bit slack this weekend, I'm off to the 'Pool tomorrow for A Vindi Boys' Christmas Dinner at the Liverpool Arms at midday, been looking forward to it for a couple of months now,will report back on Monday,
Ciao, BrianD

brian daley
12-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Well lads ,the Vindi Christmas party was a great success, there were a lot of old timers there,no doubt some of you will have sailed with them. The thing is ,time has played havoc with our bodies and features so that we are no longer the sylph-like things we used to be. I could'nt recognise most of them and they would have had the same problem with me! There were some young people there ,relatives of Vindi old boys,and there were a lot of ladies there too,some were wives and some had served on the old liners that used to sail out of Liverpool. So an afternoon went by in the blink of an eye, much enjoyment,and good solid nosh ,was had by all and sundry .I was exhausted by the time I got back to Tamworth, exhausted,but happy. I look forward to next years do.

brian daley
12-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm going to get an early night tonight for tomorrow I have a very pleasurable task, I'm bringing (notice I never said taking) my Egyptian son in law on his first visit to my home town. I will be starting off at the Williamson Tunnels where I will be picking up some copies of the part of my story that has been published by the Garston Historical Society. I will also have my two ten year old grandchildren with me and am undecided what to do next; the Palm House at Sefton Park ? A ride on the ferry? The World Museum .............Crosby and Seaforth? I have to be heading back to the Midlands at 4.00p.m.. Problems ,problems,nice ones ,but problems;so much to see ,so little time. Say hello if you should run into us,we'll be easy to recognise,Father Christmas ,a real life Sheikh a blonde girl and a dark boy,both pre teen. See ya!!

wsteve55
12-13-2008, 01:44 AM
How about taking them them round Liverpool 1! It looks quite festive right now,with a multiscreen cinema,loads of restaurants/cafes,and it connects up well,with other parts of town,and the Albert dock.:nod:

brian daley
12-13-2008, 07:59 PM
The journey from Tamworth to Liverpool was conducted in the pouring rain,fog like spray thrown up by the wheels of the juggernauts made driving hazardous. 2 hungry children wanting breakfast added to the urgency of getting there. Luckily for us ,the rain slackened as we neared Liverpool and we were able to make our entry in safety. After picking up the parcel of books from Barbara at the Williamson Tunnels we made haste to town and succour for our starving young. A visit to the German market satisfied my son inlaws and my dietary needs,2 huge venison burgers and a bag of doughnuts; is'nt great pigging out when your wife is'nt there to tell you how bad things are for you. We went to Liverpool ! ,which satisfied the retail needs of our two young visitors,the rain being so bad we paid a short visit to see the new developements at the Pier Head and then went to the Anglican Cathedral where we were all impressed by the ecumenical splendour. The wood carvings on the altar in the Lady chapel were especially good to look at. The most spectacular sight in the cathedral was that of a stonemason working away at the top of the main tower,tourists stood with mouths agape as they stood craning upwards watching him work in seeming mid air. We then went to the Catholic cathedral where we were lucky to hear the mighty organ being played with gothic gusto,all 4602 pipes giving full vent to one of Saint Saeans marvellous compositions.. It was off to Sefton Park then to see that wonderful Palm House and the Peter Pan sculpture,that same one that so delighted me as a child. There was a christmas party in progress at the Palm House but that did not prevent us seeing the wonderful array of tropical plants that bloomed within. Tired and and sodden we retreated to the car and made our way home, satisfied that we had had a good ,though short,day out in my old home.

Ged
12-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Great summary and pics Brian. It looks like you all had a great time.

brian daley
12-16-2008, 08:04 AM
I was driving to work this morning when an old Christmas hit was played on the radio. It was from the late 50's , so banal that I have forgotten what it was called already. However it did trigger a few memories of the times that I had spent Christmas at sea,some occassions sad,some happy and one in particular that was filled with drama.
Come on ,let's get nostalgic and recall the Christmas's that you remember most,whether it be sad,happy or otherwise.
BrianD

kevin
12-16-2008, 08:21 AM
The one I remember most is the one I never had. We were crossing the Pacific on our way to Adelaide. The captain had a choice of when to forward the clocks 24 hours as we were crossing the international date line. He chose to forward the clock early, to go from 24th to 26th December, to avoid a day's overtime for the crew.
Cheapskate.

Samsette
12-17-2008, 11:55 PM
A very Happy Christmas to all at the Liverpool Sailors site. And to all the Cunard Yanks - don't take any wooden nickels.:PDT11

santos
12-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Hey Malc,

Nice to see you - a very special wish from me, may you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. :PDT_Aliboronz_24:

Chris.

captain kong
12-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Happy Christmas to you and your families, Malc, and Chris. All the Best to you all
Cheers
Alehouse.

Tabnab
12-24-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm still here lads, had a bit of a weird November and beginning of December. Hospital visiting Anne's old Mum, (96 not out) and she goes back in again on Saturday.
ANYHOO, NOVENA WILL DEFINATELY BE BACK NEXT WEEK IN ANOTHER THRILLING EPISODE.

HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS LADS.

captain kong
12-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Merry Christmas, Novena.

brian daley
12-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Good to hear from you again Fred,and even better that we shall be having another episode next week. It is just a few hours away from Christmas morn and I am taking this opportunity to wish us all a great time for the festive period,
Happy Christmas ,
BrianD

brian daley
12-25-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm posting this here because it neither one thing or another. I've had a few scotch and am feeling philosophical.
The thing I wish to expound upon during this special night is the balance of good and evil.
As children ,our ideas of good and evil were given to us by our elders,parents ,teachers ,churchmen et al. To love and forgive was good ,to kill and cause harm was evil. A major war had just been concluded when I started school, we knew ,almost instinctively,that war was the devils work and that god was on our side. At school we were given a christian grounding and started each day with a hymn and the national anthem. We were instilled with a belief that good, and god, were more powerful than evil and the devil.
Now, in my near 67 years of life, I have seen a lot of good and selfless acts carried out by men and women that were of great value to society and to the enhancement of life. On the other side of the coin I have seen a non stop parade of atrocities perpetrated against humanity by governments and industry that have led to the deaths of countless millions. The list grows longer everyday,Congo ,Zimbabwe,Iraq ,Afghanistan, Ossetia ,etc, etc ,etc,.
William Booth ,the founder of the Salvation Army ,once asked "Why should the Devil have all the best tunes ?" I think the answer is that it is because he is more popular. When you look at what the global spend is on the weapons of death and destruction and then compare the figure with that which is spent on hospitals ,education and famine relief the balance between good and evil weighs heavily on the side of the devil.
On the eve of the birth of the man who was born to be our saviour, I think a little time spent on reflection of what is meet and good would not be wasted.
Pax Vobiscum
BrianD

captain kong
12-25-2008, 10:54 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS WORLD.

brian daley
12-29-2008, 01:11 PM
This is a rag bag of questions that may show how old you really are,anyone can join in

Commercials.....

"You've never had a smoother shave when you shave with......" ?

" You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with.."?

"...... .... the too good to hurry mint" ?

"you'll look a little lovelier each day with fabulous .... ....." ?

"Don't just say Brown say..........." ?

What "..gives a meal man appeal "?

What.."Keeps a man right on top " ?

" Someones Mum does'nt know what someones Mum ought to know.." What ?

What was "New...far and away the most exotic chocolate treat " ?

"Take a tip ,take ....... todays cigarette is a ....... " Name that fag

What "Beats as it sweeps as it cleans "?

Those Radio Days

Dick Barton Special Agent ,who was the star and what was the name of the theme tune

Who was Archie Andrews first tutor

Who were the Huggetts and what was the name of their neighbours

Who was the star of A Life of Bliss

What show did Kurt Massey and Martha Tilton appear on (Radio Luxemburg)

Who took a Journey into Space

Who was Ted Rays radio wife

Who were the scriptwriters of Take it From Here

News

What date was Princess Elizabeth proclaimed Queen

What month and year was the film High Noon released

What date did the liner United states make it first sea trials

When was King Farouk ousted from Egypt

What weightlifter from Liverpool appeared in the 1952 Olympics

Who were the Mau Mau

When did Humphrey Bogart die

What is the Atomium and where is it

Who was Johnny Stompanato

When did I Love Lucy stars lucy and Desi Arnez file for divorce

Thats all folks , see if you can answer them by 2009

Ron B Manderson
12-29-2008, 05:22 PM
2 pepsdent
3 murray mints
4 Pink cama
5 hovis
6 oxo
9 Bounty bar
!0 bristol
11 Hovver upwright
mau mua were the freedom fighters (or rebles) in kenya
Have to think of the rest.
Ron

bangorreg
12-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Hi Fred.
I can remenber in the mid 1950's my father would hum a song and the words that went something like your song. Here is a bit of history about this Irish pub song as I remember it in Belfast.(Acknowledgement..To Edward O?Connor ) for the information provided.
Irish History in Song
Many pub songs, though popularized and spread by Irish artists, are from all over the world. For instance, the origin of ?The Wild Rover??a quintessential Irish pub song, is hotly contested. Here?s a fun song, most likely of American origin, which you often hear played by Irish bands. It?s a great example of the cross-polination of folk music in the English-speaking world, a historical process that?s gone on for some time, rooted in our common cultural background & shared experiences.

While it doesn?t address Ireland specifically, it refers to some events in American and world history. The Jeffries-Johnson fight was in 1910, and the Lusitania sank in 1915. Jack Dempsey was world heavyweight champion from 1919 to 1926. Given all that, dating this song to the 1920s is a pretty reasonable conjecture. It spread the world via Allied soldiers of various countries (notably, Canadian forces1) during WWII.

As with many other pub songs, the audience has lines of its own, to be inserted in all the right places. (I?ve indicated audience lines in parentheses.)

Have you heard about the big strong man
He lives in a caravan
Did you hear about the Jeffries-Johnson fight
Oh, what a hell of a fight!
You can take all the heavyweights you got
We got a lad who could beat the whole lot
He used to ring the bells in the belfrey
Now he?s gonna fight Jack Dempsy

He was me brother, Sylveste (What?s he got?)
A row of 40 medals on his chest (a big chest)
He killed 50 bad men in the West
He knows no rest
Think of the man, Hell?s fire!
Don?t push, just shove
Plenty of room for you and me
He?s got an arm (he?s got an arm)
Like a leg (a lady?s leg!)
And a punch that would sink a battleship (big ship)
It?d take all the Army and the Navy
To put the wind up Sylveste

Well, he thought he?d take a trip to Italy
He thought that he?d go by sea
He jumped off the harbor in New York
And he swam like a man made of cork
He saw the Lusitania in distress (So what?d he do?)
He put the Lusitania on his chest (a big chest!)
He drank all the water in the sea
And he walked all the way to Italy

Well he thought he?d take a trip to old Japan
They turned out the whole brass band
He played every instrument they got
Like a lad, sure he played the whole lot
Now the old church bells will ring (Hell?s bells!)
And the whole church choir will sing (Hell?s fire!)
They all turned out to say farewell
To my big brother Sylveste
Hope you enjoyed it..

Reg.

bangorreg
12-30-2008, 09:28 AM
I WISH ALL MEMBERS A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR for 2009
Regards Reg.

brian daley
01-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Hi Reg,
Hope you had a great New Party down there on Norfolk Island,loved your version of Sylveste,remember it well being sung ,mainly by Mancunians,must be a Lancashire song(how many Scousers do you know called Sylveste?)
Well it's 2009 now and I hope that this New Year brings us all closer together now,but I'll start the 2009 with a maritime question.....
Which ship started life with three funnels ,cut them down to two and finished her days with one ?
There's a whole load of other questions still awaiting answers from last year too!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

captain kong
01-06-2009, 08:30 PM
It was the Queen of Bermuda,
or its sister the Monarch of Bermuda,
eventually becoming the emmigrant ship Captain Cook.
Oi Tink

brian daley
01-06-2009, 09:52 PM
The Quee it was Brian,now how about havin a crack at the earlier questions?

brian daley
01-14-2009, 07:27 AM
You know what I think this thread lacks ? A quiz ! Samsette and Santos used to be quite good posers (of questions that is) .I tried one over the holiday and it went down like a lead ballon,so where are the good question masters? anyone out there care to have a go?

bangorreg
01-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi try these?

1. What did the well lubricated Captain Matthew Webb accomplish for the first time on the 24th and 25th of August 1875?

2. What do Merlin, Barbarossa, Desmond of Kilmallock and Charlemangne all have in common?

3. Excentric US billionare Howard Hughes ate nothing but what (with a few exceptions) in the last years of his life?

4. Which Beatle was born in Madras, India? (Clue, if needed: many thought his musical talent was not up to par but he was better than good)

5. What was the name of the prison camp in the film The Great Escape?

6. A refreshing drink from India and a dog.

7. Founded more than 3,000 years ago in Persia, this religion is one of the oldest in the world. What is the name of the religion?

8. What are the first two words in each of the following songs?
a: Me and Bobbie Magee
b: Cuts like a knife
c: Piano man

9. In which film does Charlie Chaplin eat:
a: shoe laces
b: metal bolts?

10. Which car makers name is also the Persian god of light? 5 letters

Reg

brian daley
01-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Hi Reg,corker of a quiz to kick off with,don't know a lot of the answers but I'll have a crack at a few.....

1/ He swam the English Channel

2/ They were all ginger nuts

7/Zoroastarism,the Worship of Ahura Mazda

9/ The Gold Rush and Modern Times

10/ see question 7,the Mazda............................................. ...................

retires redfaced into the corner and sulks!

kevin
01-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Reg,
That's cheating!

I was cheating also by googling one of the questions and came up with the entire same set of questions (and answers) on another site!

How about: Name as many parts as you can of ships, and their equipment, that coincide with animals names.

eg - Crows Nest.

Paddy
01-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Captain Birds eye :ninja:

brian daley
01-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Oooh Paddy,you would have been keeled hauled with a question like that,Captain Birdseye............

kevin
01-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Gloucester Docks?

captain kong
01-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Animal names??
1 Elephants foot, 2 Monkey Island, 3 Dogs, 4 Cathead, 5 Monkeys fist.
6 Monkeys face. 7 Mouse, 8 Jumbo. 9 Rat lines, 10 Rat guards.
11 Crows nest, 12 Donkey Boiler, 13 Donkey man. 14 Farmer. 15 Fish plate. 16 Dolphin strker. 17 Pig and whistle, 18 Sheepshank.

brian daley
01-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey ,come on now ,have a go at answering Regs' questions ,he's had a real go here now,plus I want to know the answers.
Brian

Paddy
01-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Gull Hook
Penguin String
Poodle Strap
Gerbil Rag
Budgie Whistle
Fox Tail Helm
Whale Skin mast
Fish Finger Fatigue
Pangolin Watch
Ostrich night coat

And the cat of nine tails for anymore daft answers :)

captain kong
01-14-2009, 04:08 PM
I did it on the previous page.
Never heard of those.

Paddy
01-14-2009, 04:11 PM
I thought you might know the cat being an old hand!

captain kong
01-14-2009, 04:23 PM
A taste of the Cat never hurt anyone.

Samsette
01-15-2009, 04:00 AM
What about the wildcat, Cap'n? Was she the piece-de-resistance in the cathouse? Or just a gypsy.

bangorreg
01-15-2009, 05:44 AM
Reg,
That's cheating!

I was cheating also by googling one of the questions and came up with the entire same set of questions (and answers) on another site!

How about: Name as many parts as you can of ships, and their equipment, that coincide with animals names.

eg - Crows Nest.

Hi Kevin, I am standing in the corner with my head hung down in shame!
I asked my 9 year grandson if he could come up with a few Questions for a quiz . When I came back I was presented with a printout of the questions involived.
He is standing next to me now with a smile from cheek to cheek!
Reg.

kevin
01-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Hey ,come on now ,have a go at answering Regs' questions ,he's had a real go here now,plus I want to know the answers.
Brian

Brian,
For the answers, check here:

http://www.paulsquiz.com/free_quiz_questions/general_knowledge/Pauls_Quiz_98/

kevin
01-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi Kevin, I am standing in the corner with my head hung down in shame!
I asked my 9 year grandson if he could come up with a few Questions for a quiz . When I came back I was presented with a printout of the questions involived.
He is standing next to me now with a smile from cheek to cheek!
Reg.

Reg,
That's OK - most of us can be hoodwinked by 9-year-olds. We're too trusting. Plus, bear in mind I only caught you out because I was cheating!
:unibrow:

brian daley
01-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Cheating or no cheating,is anybody going to answer the questions?
I don't mind where a compiler filches the quiz from,that is a compilers job, but I do like to see if we can answer them ,and, failing that ,I do like to see what the answers shouild have been. So,answers please gentlemen,or has Reg beaten us?

P.S. d'you think we should start a quiz thread?

kevin
01-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Cheating or no cheating,is anybody going to answer the questions?
I don't mind where a compiler filches the quiz from,that is a compilers job, but I do like to see if we can answer them ,and, failing that ,I do like to see what the answers shouild have been. So,answers please gentlemen,or has Reg beaten us?

P.S. d'you think we should start a quiz thread?

Brian,
I posted a link to the answers but got one of those 'to be checked by a moderator' messages so there must be questionable words there - or maybe they check links before posting them? No doubt it will pop along soon - won't post the link again now as it might stop this message getting through.

captain kong
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
OY, I JUST SAID, I DID IT ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE.
YOUR EARS MUST BE FULL OF THAT GARSTON MUD.

Paddy
01-15-2009, 01:41 PM
I think a quiz thread is a good idea as long as no one cheats :ninja:

I think the question posed is a specialist subject so I am prepared to hand it over. :PDT11

bangorreg
01-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Brian,
I posted a link to the answers but got one of those 'to be checked by a moderator' messages so there must be questionable words there - or maybe they check links before posting them? No doubt it will pop along soon - won't post the link again now as it might stop this message getting through.

Hi BriinD /Paddy/Kevin.
For your information the questions and answers can be found if you Google
"Paul's Quiz 98" which I understand are Free Quiz Questions?
Cheating Reg.

kevin
01-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi BriinD /Paddy/Kevin.
For your information the questions and answers can be found if you Google
"Paul's Quiz 98" which I understand are Free Quiz Questions?
Cheating Reg.

Cheating Reg?
Didn't mean to give you a complex.
:PDT_Aliboronz_24:

Tabnab
01-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Anyone fancy a go at this?

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1778399&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1

Fred.

captain kong
01-16-2009, 12:38 PM
WOW, Thats the only way to fly,
reminds me of a flight I had on Filipino Airlines a few years ago.we crashed in Manila.

Didnt Flash Gordon pioneer this kind of flying in 1935 using his cloak??

Thanks for that.

bangorreg
01-17-2009, 04:47 AM
Cheating Reg?
Didn't mean to give you a complex.
:PDT_Aliboronz_24:

Hi Kevin .Don't worry it was not you that gave me a complex, I've had it ever since one of the firemen on board the CS Cable Restorer chased me around the deck in Simons Town ,Cape Town way back in 1973! By the way I understand she is now a Restaurant at Simonstown Museum??
Reg.

kevin
01-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi Kevin .Don't worry it was not you that gave me a complex, I've had it ever since one of the firemen on board the CS Cable Restorer chased me around the deck in Simons Town ,Cape Town way back in 1973! By the way I understand she is now a Restaurant at Simonstown Museum??
Reg.

Possibly mentioned this before but I had an opportunity to go to Simonstown to work on refitting submarines for ITT (early 70s). At nearly 6' 5" I thought I might be a little tall for that and chose to join the Merch instead.

Ernie
01-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Well the 2nd Sailors home has been scuttled, what next, are the sheep ready to move. Ernie.

Tabnab
02-13-2009, 05:11 PM
http://www.onemotion.com/flash/spider/

Try this one lads, move the spider with your mouse, press the space bar to feed it insects.
For a change, click on the snake game at the top of the page.

Broadsword to Danny Boy!

captain kong
02-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Fantastic one that Fredd. good games and videos.
Cheers
KONG

brian daley
02-23-2009, 07:44 PM
I was rooting about in the cupboard for an old book and found my sons (38 this year) long forgotten tin of badges,hundreds of them. These are just some that have been on my lapels in my radical 30's,I was right on Bro.!
Dare say it would raise a few eyebrows down the Masonic hall if I went in wearing one of these now!! Leopards change spots never their ,unscramble now!

brian daley
02-28-2009, 08:05 PM
I was looking for some old photos today and came across these taken in '67 with my old Zeiss Ikon 35mm. I was visiting with the ships crew of M.V. Aurania ,real name Kypros, she was chartered by Cunard for the Lakes run. Pictures are as titled.

brian daley
02-28-2009, 08:08 PM
I forgot this one ,the plucky little Maid of the Mist that takes you right into the Horseshoe falls.